SideBar on History View.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

SideBar on History View.

Post by pollensa1946 »

I have both the History and Frequents displays set as shortcuts on my Home Screen. Very useful, I use them a lot.
Two suggestions for new features...

1) Long press of a Group gives the option "Show history" for that Group. Can this option be added to Long press of a Contact.

2) The Frequents display has the ability to turn on the SideBar display via the icon on the top left. Can this ability be added to the History display.

With these two new added features with the History display invoked from the Home Screen the user could select SideBar, scroll to a Group or Contact, Long Press, select Show History and get the HIstory for the specific Group or Contact.
devin

Re: SideBar on History View.

Post by devin »

Hello
1) Long press of a Group gives the option "Show history" for that Group. Can this option be added to Long press of a Contact.
You can click a contact item, and then switch to the History tab in the contact details.
2)
You need to filter the call records by groups across easier?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

"1) Long press of a Group gives the option "Show history" for that Group. Can this option be added to Long press of a Contact."

DWP is an excellent app, I love it, but my one criticism is there is no uniformity in the method of accessing the same option in different screens. Access to the same option is random depending on whether you're accessing a Group or a Contact. This suggestion makes access to history the same for Group or Contact and so easier for the user to learn. I know I can add the "History" tab to Contact Details (actually called "Call Log" tab), but again that's different from the Group access method. I maintain a common Contact database for a number of users in our business and I'm regularly asked questions on methods of access for options.

"2) The Frequents display has the ability to turn on the SideBar display via the icon on the top left. Can this ability be added to the History display."

When accessing the History/Frequents displays from a shortcut on the Home Screen it's so much simpler for the user to have a common interface for both. So this would make filtering so much easier.
devin

Post by devin »

1) But this will lead to a long menu.
2) But this filter is call log. What would you use to do?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

devin wrote:1) But this will lead to a long menu.
It's already long (the only one as I recall with a more...), one more entry is going to break it?
devin wrote:2) But this filter is call log. What would you use to do?
When the History log has many entries it seemed like a convenient way of filtering (using an interface common to other displays). So, open Sidebar, select Group, long press, select Show History (for that Group). Similarly for a Contact. As an ex-programmer I often get these flashes of inspiration ;-)))
devin

Post by devin »

If the sidebar display in the history tab. I think do not need to long press menu. Click the Group should show records of this group.
Yes, we have a long, long press menu. I want to shorten it.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

devin wrote:If the sidebar display in the history tab. I think do not need to long press menu. Click the Group should show records of this group...
I'm OK with that, similarly with a Contact on Sidebar. Thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

OK
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Nice. Thanks.