Disable In Car Mode.

Moderators: dwp, devin

Vodafone_985N

Disable In Car Mode.

Post by Vodafone_985N »

Disable / Enable IN CAR MODE

Either disabled of diisabled my new Vodafone 958N (Alcatel in disguise) does not know when I am in the car and connected by Bluetooth.
I have tested with handset plugged in and not.
Dialling Confirmation does not automatically disable when in-car.
Is it possible for DWP app to automatically sence when connected to a car device by monitoring phone's bluetooth connection?
devin

Re: Disable In Car Mode.

Post by devin »

Hello
I will try, but could not confirm a link to the headset or car.
Vodafone_985N

Post by Vodafone_985N »

OK now, please ignore original message.
I played around with settings and found a way how to make it work it work with dialling confirmation and auto cancel, all hands free.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
If you like, please share your way here. Thank you!
Vodafone_985N

Post by Vodafone_985N »

I am using Settings>Phone as follows:-

Dialling confirmation ticked
Automatic Confirmation Delay 14 secs
Automatic cancel deay 9 secs
Disable in car mode ticked

The only other issue at moment:
After Bluetooth pairing with VW Passat phone book does not transfer to car. Dialling out has to be done manually, before car radio is live. Incoming calls can be accepted or rejected by car ok.

If paired to Tom Tom GPS Navigator, then phone book transfers to Tom Tom and Tom Tom can see and control phone book.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

I too am now having problems with Bluetooth in the car. I just recently changed my car, Bluetooth worked OK in the previous car but it is now a problem in the new car.
Regardless of any of the settings in the Phone Confirmation when I dial out using the driver interface in the car the phone displays a confirmation window with no delay setting and waits for me to confirm the call using the phone display. Which defeats the whole purpose of Bluetooth. I tried the settings advised above and they don't work for me. The only setting that works when using the driver interface to dial out is to turn OFF the confirmation window.
With confirmation ON if I dial out using the phone display then the call is initiated OK and the driver interface on the car displays everything properly. I can also receive calls using the driver interface OK.
Conclusion is that the Bluetooth code you have in DWP is highly sensitive to specific code on the car interface.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Any chance of you revisiting this as it is still a problem...
Regardless of any of the settings in the Phone Confirmation when I dial out using the driver interface in the car the phone displays a confirmation window with no delay setting and waits for me to confirm the call using the phone display.
lestersk

Dialing Confirmation Disable In Car Mode.

Post by lestersk »

The Disable in Car Mode doesn't seem to work. The Bluetooth works fine. I dialled from my in-car speed-dial and after my passenger pressed the on-screen dial confirmation button the call connected through my car system perfectly, however I didn't expect to see the dial confirmation as the GPS and Bluetooth were ON, the phone was plugged in to power and the car was in motion. The only other app being used at the same time was Waze.

Samsung Galxy S4 Android v5.0.1.
Dialing confirmation: Y
Automatic confirmation delay: disabled
Automatic delay cancel: 20 secs
Disable in car mode: YExclude Numbers: Empty
Burax

Post by Burax »

An old topic..
But the car mode still does not work (Bluetooth not recognized?).
The dial in the car must be confirmed on the phone.

Thank you for more attention!
devin

Post by devin »

The upcoming release has been changed. Please try.