Export address data to navigation app OSMand

Moderators: dwp, devin

Thunichgud

Export address data to navigation app OSMand

Post by Thunichgud »

It seems to be impossible to export address data of a selected contact to my installed navigation app "OSMand" (version 2.1.1) to show the address as a point on a map. This should be possible - also for other offline navigation apps or for "Google Maps" and "OpenStreetMap" (OSM).
When I press and hold the address field of one of my contacts, there comes a menu with "copy to cache" or "share". With none of them is it possible to export the formatted address data to OSMand. The "share" option don't shows the installed app OSMand in the list of useable apps. Other apps than DWP can export data direct to OSMand.
devin

Re: Export address data to navigation app OSMand

Post by devin »

Hello
You need to click on the address, you do not need to long press.
Thunichgud

Post by Thunichgud »

OK, I found it - but it don't works.

I get the message:
Couldn't process geointent: 'geo:0,0?q=Am%20Kellerswald%203%20Bad%20Doberan%20Deutschland%2018209'
for the address:
DW format: Am Kellerswald 3 Bad Doberan Deutschland 18209
German format: Am Kellerswald 3, 18209 Bad Doberan, Deutschland

The address exists and OSMand find it when I enter it directly in OSMand. Same problem with other addresses. It seems, that the order or the format of your search string is wrong. It could also be, that the blank character as field separator is wrong. In Germany streets and cities could have more than one word (e.g. city: Bad Doberan, street: Am Kellerswald). And Countries could have more than one word, too. The parser couldn't know if the blank between the words is a separator or not. So in most cases a comma or a tab or a semicolon is used as field separator.
A further problem could be the German special characters like ä,ö,ü and ß. (Not yet tested).
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
I try to search: Am Kellerwald 3 Bad Doberan Deutschland 1820 in google map it works.
Synthesis of addresses is complete Android system. DW did not do adaptation for different regions. Usually the system will complete it.
Thunichgud

Post by Thunichgud »

But I'm never using google map. I'm using only the app OSMand and only offline with the maps of OpenStreetMap - as many other users. Could you test it and fix the problem ?
devin

Post by devin »

Maybe you should contact OpenStreetMap developers. We should develop applications based GoogleAPI.