Improvement to Merge Items

Moderators: dwp, devin

slarti76

Improvement to Merge Items

Post by slarti76 »

I very much like the new "Contact details > Merge Items" setting. The problem is, that it has to decide on one of the differing labels - from what I see, I assume it takes the one of the first account it sees.

Now I would like to propose a simple improvement: If the chosen label is "other", don't use that but any that is not "Other".

Explanation:
I use a server that doesn't support all of the labels offered by DW, especially not the "Custom" one. However I find that very useful, especially for telling emergency numbers apart (e.g. my bank has "Hotline", "E-Banking", "Block debit card", "Block credit card", ...). So I keep a copy in the phone-internal account (or DW-only account) with the specified labels. But as this account always comes last in line, the contact card is still full of "Other" numbers.
What do you think?
devin

Re: Improvement to Merge Items

Post by devin »

Hello
Do you mean: using a priority label?
I'm sorry I did not understand how to select priority label.
slarti76

Post by slarti76 »

devin wrote:Hello
Do you mean: using a priority label?
I'm sorry I did not understand how to select priority label.
If there is no special label, then "Other" is used. So if you have the same number twice, once with the label "Other", and once e.g. with the label "2nd Mobile", then you should use the latter, because that's more specific.
Hope I made myself clear enough...
devin

Post by devin »

understand :D
I just tested my device, enter the same phone number in the contact with a different label, so it has to work.
slarti76

Post by slarti76 »

Just tried out new version, looks good! Unfortunately, the system-own "contact card" behaves as before, but of course you can't change that...
Thx!