Save/restore groups

Moderators: dwp, devin

adamf663

Save/restore groups

Post by adamf663 »

I use dmfs to sync my phone via card-dav to a zimbra home email server.

One think I find very annoying is that every time I try a new rom, I have to reset all my contact groups.
DW-P's application suite has a backup/restore feature, but it doesn't save contact groups.

I'd like it if there was a way to backup contact groups.
camel

Re: Save/restore groups

Post by camel »

adamf663 wrote:I use dmfs to sync my phone via card-dav to a zimbra home email server.

One think I find very annoying is that every time I try a new rom, I have to reset all my contact groups.
DW-P's application suite has a backup/restore feature, but it doesn't save contact groups.

I'd like it if there was a way to backup contact groups.
hi,
dwc have a backup/restore for settings, and not for contact database.

of course it is planned to have a import/export for contacts, call log, sms logs (backup/restore) in future is planned ...

for now, if you have a server account type like google or EAS or groupdav, then all your informations are saved on server and after a new ROM install you only need to install the server contact account, then you have all groups and all contacts on the new ROM.

ALos you can save you system db's (call log, sms, etc) with titanium backup, which is totally concentrationg on backup/restore, and there are several other applications which can do a backup/restore of your system databases.

cu camel
adamf663

Post by adamf663 »

The problem is most likely that CardDAV/Zimbra don't talk nice regarding tags/groups and the information isn't saved. In the meantime, I need a backup/restore solution for groups as a workaround.
ALos you can save you system db's (call log, sms, etc) with titanium backup, which is totally concentrationg on backup/restore, and there are several other applications which can do a backup/restore of your system databases.
That sounds like an excellant solution. I've avoided restoring system data as I almost always end up with an unstable system, but I've restored *everything* which is a mistake when system software versions are changed and version app/data mismatches are inevitable.

If I knew exactly which libraries to restore to get just the contact/group data I could be selective about it.
camel

Post by camel »

adamf663 wrote:The problem is most likely that CardDAV/Zimbra don't talk nice regarding tags/groups and the information isn't saved. In the meantime, I need a backup/restore solution for groups as a workaround.
That sounds like an excellant solution. I've avoided restoring system data as I almost always end up with an unstable system, but I've restored *everything* which is a mistake when system software versions are changed and version app/data mismatches are inevitable.

If I knew exactly which libraries to restore to get just the contact/group data I could be selective about it.
also haven't spent time to find this out ...well, i have my google and eas account, where i don'T must save this, because after configure my accounts, then it will be downloaded again form server and then it's ok ..
and on "local" or "SIM" account i don't save my contacts.
if you find out, let me know...
thanks
cu camel