Contacts sort order

Moderators: dwp, devin

Grass

Contacts sort order

Post by Grass »

Dear friends,

is it possible to implement this sort order: "Sort by CompanyName if FirstName field is blank"?

If the answer is "Yes", please, consider to add this request to your "To Do" list.
I am sure, most of DW users would agree with me, it will be very usefull and convinient feature.

Thanks in advance.
devin

Re: Contacts sort order

Post by devin »

Hello
In the default sort, it works like this. But only when all the name fields are empty.
Grass

Post by Grass »

Grass wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:15 pm Dear friends,

is it possible to implement this sort order: "Sort by CompanyName if FirstName field is blank"?

If the answer is "Yes", please, consider to add this request to your "To Do" list.
I am sure, most of DW users would agree with me, it will be very usefull and convinient feature.

Thanks in advance.
devin wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:24 pm Hello
In the default sort, it works like this. But only when all the name fields are empty.
Hello, devin,
do you mean all contacts(in my case it about 1000 contacts in my list) "FirstName" and "LastName" fields have to be empty?
Now (in my contacts list I am using English and Hebrew languages) the "default" sort brings first contacts with empty "FirstName" (sorted from A to Z by "CompanyName" field), then contacts in Hebrew with empty "FirstName" field (sorted like from A to Z " but in Hebrew by "CompanyName" field). And after that contacts with not empty "FirstName"(sorted from A to Z) and then contacts in Hebrew with not empty "FirstName" field (sorted like from A to Z, but in Hebrew.

P.S. The build in contacts manager (now I am Using OnePlus 6, AOS 8.0.1) sorts my contacts as I need: All contacts in English are sorted from A to Z regardless of "FirstName" field state - empty or not empty! The same situation with contacts in Hebrew. Any hints?

Thanks in advance!
And thank You very much for implementation of contact sharing without "Note" field - it is very useful.
devin

Post by devin »

Oddly, the default sorting using the system-provided sorting scheme should work the same as the system contact.
Grass

Post by Grass »

Hello, devin!
devin wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:47 am Oddly, the default sorting using the system-provided sorting scheme should work the same as the system contact.
Exactly! Now DW "default" sorting provides sorting nearly I need: All contacts in English are sorted from A to Z regardless of "FirstName" field state - empty or not empty! (Oddly, but there are some not sorted contacts in the end of the list). The same situation with contacts in Hebrew.

But, please review the attachment, there are duplicated letters in Quick-jump! I marked few of duplicates (same letters- same colors).
Is there any chance to fix it?

P.S. There are no merged or linked contacts in my list. Only contacts belong to one Google account (but I am not synchronize them with Google) and I am synchronize them with MyPhoneExplorer software.

P.P.S I think I can provide you some(maybe helpful) information about this bug:
1.Tapping first "A" letter in Quick-jump brings first contact with "First Name" field starts with "A".
2.Tapping on second "A" letter in Quick-jump - brings contact with empty "First name" field, but "Company name" starts with "A".
3.Tapping on third "A" letter in Quick-jump - brings contact with first name starts with "A", but this contact has the Name prefix "Dr"
4.Tapping on first "D" letter in Quick-jump - brings contact with first name starts with "A", but has prefix Dr (Dr Alex Pen).
5.Tapping on second "D" letter in Quick-jump - brings contact with first name starts with "A", but has prefix Dr (Dr Alona Pent).
6.Tapping on third "D" letter in Quick-jump - brings contact with first name starts with "D" (Dina).
7.Tapping on forth "D" letter in Quick-jump - brings contact with first name starts with "L" (Leah). but has prefix Dr (Dr Leah).
8.Tapping on fifth "D" letter in Quick-jump - brings contact with first name starts with "O" (Onore). but has prefix Dr (Dr Leah).

Hope it can help.

Thanks a lot for your support!
Attachments
rsz_1rsz_21screenshot_20190127-181331.jpg
rsz_1rsz_21screenshot_20190127-181331.jpg (74.08 KiB) Viewed 11637 times
devin

Post by devin »

Sorry for the delay, I will check it out. Are you using the default collation currently? I think I only need to remove the repeated letters from the quick jump.
Grass

Post by Grass »

devin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:10 am Sorry for the delay, I will check it out. Are you using the default collation currently? I think I only need to remove the repeated letters from the quick jump.
Hi, devin.
Yes, I am using "default" sorting now. I doubt that only removing repeated letters will solve the problem. As I wrote in my previouse post- the order of the contacts itself in DW does not coincide with the order of the system contacts application :oops: . I hope You are right.
Thanks a lot!
Best regards.
Grass

Post by Grass »

Dear devin, how are You?
Unfortunately, my doubts were justified. Removing only duplicated letters did not solve the problem. the order of contacts is still different from the order of stock Contacts application.
Please, review the attachments:
1. As You can see at first screenshot - contacts order is very oddly ..Y, S, P, T :roll:
2.As You can see at second screenshot - contact starts with letter "Z" sorted just after contact starts with letter "N", then few (two) contacts in Hebrew and then contacts starts with "P". There are many contacts between "N" and "Z", but DW sorting does not work correctly.
3. As You can see at third screenshot after tapping on "D" letter in Quick-jump - brings contact with first name starts with "A", but has prefix Dr( Dr Alexandra Ch). Previous contact is Alex and next contact as You can see is Alexsander. I have few contacts starts with letter "D", but tapping on "D" in QuickJump does show only this one contact "Dr Alexnadra Ch".

P.S. The build in contacts manager sorts my contacts as I need: All contacts in English are sorted by First name or (if "First name" field is empty then by "Compamy Name" field from A to Z regardless of "FirstName" field state - empty or not empty! The same situation with contacts in Hebrew.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190309-013137.jpg
Screenshot_20190309-013137.jpg (240.62 KiB) Viewed 11586 times
Screenshot_20190308-233829.jpg
Screenshot_20190308-233829.jpg (253.97 KiB) Viewed 11587 times
Screenshot_20190308-233729.jpg
Screenshot_20190308-233729.jpg (246.82 KiB) Viewed 11587 times
devin

Post by devin »

This feature is affected by two options: Sorting and Display contacts by
What is your setting?