Tabbed Call log

Moderators: dwp, devin

dbius

Tabbed Call log

Post by dbius »

Hi!

I suggest to modify the call log into a tabbed call log, with separate incoming, outgoing, missed calls, and full call list tabs. In my opinion It would me more useful and "clean".

Anyway your app is very cool and one of my favourite apps!

dbius
camel

Re: Tabbed Call log

Post by camel »

dbius wrote:Hi!

I suggest to modify the call log into a tabbed call log, with separate incoming, outgoing, missed calls, and full call list tabs. In my opinion It would me more useful and "clean".

Anyway your app is very cool and one of my favourite apps!

dbius
hi dbius,
i'm happy, that you start this discussion ...because same time we are thinking/discussion about the new "history" tab (old name "call log")...
(on next version - we are working on it ...)
the history tab should be have all informations about a contact (all logs: calls, sms)
(sms can be switched off)

and my meaning is: if i click on a contact -> then long click -> "Show history" - i would like to have all infos about this contact in 1 list - sort order by date descending
(on the other hand - it is very complicated to have 1 list, because the call logs + sms/mms logs are different datbases)
practial: i'm talking with an user, and then i want to know - all the logs, so that i informed when and what we had in past ...
to have this in different lists - would this make sense ? is it not better to have all in 1 list ?

for now it was planned to have:
1.) all logs of a contact merged together (can be disabled in settings, too) and i can see the counter of all log items
2.) if i click on this "merged contact", then i get the full list - sorted by date + also see the summary of calls, and summary of all sms (+ see all extra sub-summaries: summary for missed calls, summary for incomming calls, summsary of all outgoing calls, summary of all incomming sms, summary of all outgoing sms)

BUT - NOW - i read your FR ....
that you want to have all seperated on different tabs ..
what would mean: "history", which should be extra tabbed and every kind is in a different tab ... hmm
like:
"history" and then:
tab: -> "all"
tab: -> "calls in"
tab: -> "calls out"
tab: -> "calls missed"
tab: -> "sms in"
tab: -> "sms out"

and this would be definitiv a lot of extra work ... must think about, how we can handle this on best way ...
so, we must bring your and my wishes together :)

all this is not so trivial, because the main idea behind is: that the user can also select multiple-selectmode) contacts, groups, company, title, and after selection, then long click -> "Show history for contacts", and then the call log will show all logs for this selected contacts ..
typically: i want to know, how much i talked on phone with the whole group: "Buisness" , and then i can use this infos for "support invoice" + export this summaries to give this list extra to the customer ...

thanks, for your idea ...

i think, this tabbed, where "all" + all in seperatewill be the final solution for the "history" tab :) (not sure if it will be done on 2.0.5, but i mean, this would be the best idea...)

cu camel
nerbrume

Post by nerbrume »

"history" and then:
I'm supporting this, but maybe as a low-priority request : it indeed can be useful, and it is surely nice eye-candy.
camel

Post by camel »

nerbrume wrote:
"history" and then:
I'm supporting this, but maybe as a low-priority request : it indeed can be useful, and it is surely nice eye-candy.
thanks, well, wewill think about, and it is on our list, but have also not the highest priority, because for SMS, there are several good apps in market. on the other hand it is maybe agoodidea to have all informations in 1 app, to have an good overview.
the problem for now is, that SMS is a complete other database, and it would cost a lotof extra memory, and will reduce the speed of DWC, so we must be carefully think about how to implement.

cu camel
Albator V

Post by Albator V »

I agree with this request.

And why note create new tab with statistics like count of calls in/out/missed/sms in/out... duration of calls in/out/missed...
Samsung Galaxy S5
Android JB 4.4
camel

Post by camel »

Albator V wrote:I agree with this request.

And why not create new tab with statistics like count of calls in/out/missed/sms in/out... duration of calls in/out/missed...
because it would cost so much memory, that DWC is not usefull anymore.

we will think about how to impelment it - or how user can filter this ...
every tab need memory ..maybe only making 1 full list (as it is now), and then you can click on menu _> where you can filter it - like:

filtering: ->
.) show all
.) show all calls (default)
.) show incomming calls
.) show outgoing calls
.) show missed calls
.) show all SMS
.) show incomming SMS/MMS
.) show outgoing SMS/MMS

but, for now the problem is, that SMS is another database and it would cost a lot of memory to load this db, and then also again looking who sent this, etc ... which would make DWC slower ...
nerbrume

Post by nerbrume »

Well, for me, an sms history is clearly out of the scope of a dialer. So just tabs for "incoming", "outgoing", "missed", and "all" would be good.
camel

Post by camel »

nerbrume wrote:Well, for me, an sms history is clearly out of the scope of a dialer. So just tabs for "incoming", "outgoing", "missed", and "all" would be good.
for me - logically all which is related to contacts should be included ...ont he other hand - SMS logs are in a different database, which make it more complicated and slower ... we will see, how we can handle it ...