[DONE in 2.1.1] Name prefix missing

Moderators: dwp, devin

davidt

[DONE in 2.1.1] Name prefix missing

Post by davidt »

Hi,

Running the latest pro version and found this problem.
I have several names with either Dr. or some other prefix in front. These are either not displayed by the app in some contacts. There is no pattern, it just doesn't show up in several contacts.

The second problem, related to this, is the dropping of first names. For example, I have Dr. James Jones. The app would display Dr. Jones, and that's it.

The app, if "display sort by firstname" is selected, should display the complete name and not drop the middlename. Please make sure, the app pulls the complete name from Google contacts.

Thanks
David
camel

Re: Name prefix missing

Post by camel »

davidt wrote:Hi,

Running the latest pro version and found this problem.
I have several names with either Dr. or some other prefix in front. These are either not displayed by the app in some contacts. There is no pattern, it just doesn't show up in several contacts.

The second problem, related to this, is the dropping of first names. For example, I have Dr. James Jones. The app would display Dr. Jones, and that's it.

The app, if "display sort by firstname" is selected, should display the complete name and not drop the middlename. Please make sure, the app pulls the complete name from Google contacts.

Thanks
David
hi david
maybe you are using the middle name field ?
confirmed -> yes, this is true, on version 2.0.4 - the middle name was not used in DWC.
this is fixed on 2.0.5 (will be online in ~7 days ~...- we are working on it, and have a lot of things implemented, what you will like, too :)
on forum: "General" - there is a short overview ...
cu camel
davidt

Post by davidt »

Hi Camel,

There is no middle name field in Google Contacts, I just enter the name in the name field. :) Google may store a name internally differently, but visually there's no middle name field there.

Looking forward to the next release. :)

Thanks
David
camel

Post by camel »

davidt wrote:Hi Camel,

There is no middle name field in Google Contacts, I just enter the name in the name field. :) Google may store a name internally differently, but visually there's no middle name field there.

Looking forward to the next release. :)

Thanks
David
anyhow it is working now - tested in version 2.0.5, which will be online (hopefully) on next few days.

cu camel
camel

Post by camel »

well, "middle name" is now supported"
(which consume more mem, because now 1 field more..)

but the questions is: do we really need suffix and prefix in future ?
(because it would cost again more memory ...)
camel

Post by camel »

well, "middle name" is now supported"
(which consume more mem, because now 1 field more..)

but the questions is: do we really need suffix and prefix in future ?
(because it would cost again more memory ...)
camel

Re: [DONE in 2.1.1] Name prefix missing

Post by camel »

added all name fields to 2.1.1 (phoentic, horr, etc..)