Create an Appointment for a Group

Moderators: dwp, devin

jazzylm

Create an Appointment for a Group

Post by jazzylm »

I work with several groups of people and would love to longpress on a group and create an event where they are all notified by email or text. As it stands, I would have to go into my calendar app, and try to remember each person in the group or just send the email or text with all the info inserted manually.
camel

Re: Create an Appointment for a Group

Post by camel »

jazzylm wrote:I work with several groups of people and would love to longpress on a group and create an event where they are all notified by email or text. As it stands, I would have to go into my calendar app, and try to remember each person in the group or just send the email or text with all the info inserted manually.
puh, this is normally related to calendar application and limited by these app....
and i don't think, that a lot of calendars are supporting this..
what you mean is to make an "invite" (like as it is possible on outlook or EAS accounts).
pff ... this is not so easy, because there is no default API in system android framwework, to deliver all emails of a group to the calendar application ..
i must verify if this anyhow possible ..
i only know, that calegoo is the only one calendar app, which can also handle and parsing a "vcf" (invites) file, where the list of email users willparsed through this file ..
if it is possible to send all this group members (or selecting contacts in multi-select mode) to calendar app - not sure, if this will be supported by calendar API ..

cu camel
jazzylm

Post by jazzylm »

Ok, just a thought. The native calendar app has a "To" function that opens the contact list. I also figured it could be done since I can do the same thing with one contact at a time. Thanks for looking into it. I do a lot of this.
camel

Post by camel »

jazzylm wrote:Ok, just a thought. The native calendar app has a "To" function that opens the contact list. I also figured it could be done since I can do the same thing with one contact at a time. Thanks for looking into it. I do a lot of this.
well, we will look into ...
this could be the field: participants ...but, if i remember, there must also added the rule for it ...
next question is, if i make an appointment (where we only have 1 default text in settings)

i need an option, where i can say, that "add contact to participants"
(because also i can make a appointment" on a single contact)
and the same is, if i select a group, organization, titles, or multi-selection ..

so, maybe it is a better idea to add an extra function to "more" menu like:
"Create appointment inviation" or called it: "Create participants invitation"

give me an offer for this new function ...

also we must alk about, should we add then all informations ofall contacts to this appointment ?
(maybe not a good idea, because everone would see that infomration.

so, please let me know,how we can do it ...

EDIT:
what we need:
1.) name of this new function: "Create appointment invite" (should work on singleand multi-selection, also groups, title, organization)
2.) how should this appointment be called - as default ? - i suggest to add an extra option in settings, like as it is for normal appointments
3.) which informations should be filled in (we have field: location and notes, too) ?
4.) which participants addresses should be used (it is possible, that contacts have no email or have multiple emails ...) ?
then at least ...show a list of all selected contacts with all email(pre-selected the first email address), then user can change the list - and then press "OK" or "Proceed"
as you can see - it is not so trivial ...

for point 4 -> i know, that we must add also to bulk sms and bulk email also to show a list of all selected contacts with all email or with all phone numbers, before sending sms/mms or email (also on creating an appointment with invites) before doing the creation....
jazzylm

Post by jazzylm »

Thanks for all the information. Being I'm not a programmer, I don't know all the ins and outs of getting something like this done.

If you're still interested in doing this, I would like to answer some of the questions. Let me know.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
In the new version you can send mail to the group before the copy all the selected e-mail address. Then paste it into your calendar program's invitation list.