[DONE]Display picture in organization and events views

Moderators: dwp, devin

Albator V

[DONE]Display picture in organization and events views

Post by Albator V »

is it possible to add icon's contacts in events view (and why not add a little icon to see difference between birthday, anniversary or others) and picture in organization view (to add logo) ?
Samsung Galaxy S5
Android JB 4.4
camel

Re: Display picture in organization and events views

Post by camel »

Albator V wrote:is it possible to add icon's contacts in events view (and why not add a little icon to see difference between birthday, anniversary or others) and picture in organization view (to add logo) ?
thanks for the idea, yes - we can think about ...

POSSIBLE IS ALL !

why in organization view ? events are related to "tab "events" or i'm wrong ?

but guys, soon DWC will be getting slower, because MEM is limited on android :)
all the time more infos, (and on the other hand), then we have users, which are telling me, that it is not possible to use 10.000 contacts ....which are merged with skype, facebook, etc ...
so, don't kill devels,if DWC will be getting slower and slower ...

is it really important to have a picture there ? - well - we can add an option for it ..but space will be not very much, because also displaying dates ..
and if you want to see the contact, because you don'T remeber, then you can click on it to view the contact - or i'm wrong ?
anyhow ... accepted !

The icons for the event type ..-well, sure we can think about, but then we also need an interface, where user can define it,because on EAS, there is only "birthday", but on other account types, there are undefined events, and you can add whatever you like ...so, which pcitures do we have to define ? and - if a new sync via google account -> you will loose this infos, because no supported field.
so,this i would decline !
because - you can see the text of the event in 2nd line, and not supported by any account type

cu camel
Albator V

Post by Albator V »

camel wrote:why in organization view ? events are related to "tab "events" or i'm wrong ?
camel wrote:is it really important to have a picture there ? - well - we can add an option for it ..but space will be not very much, because also displaying dates ..
and if you want to see the contact, because you don'T remeber, then you can click on it to view the contact - or i'm wrong ?
anyhow ... accepted !
1) picture in organisation tabs : ok it's not really essential but i think it's easier to catch organization if we can have logo
2) picture in events tabs : same thing, just display contact picture, like in contacts, favoris... tabs
Samsung Galaxy S5
Android JB 4.4
camel

Post by camel »

Albator V wrote:
camel wrote:why in organization view ? events are related to "tab "events" or i'm wrong ?
camel wrote:is it really important to have a picture there ? - well - we can add an option for it ..but space will be not very much, because also displaying dates ..
anyhow ... accepted !
1) picture in organisation tabs : ok it's not really essential but i think it's easier to catch organization if we can have logo
whicg log - you mean a picture ?
there is no picture field for organization,so it make no sense,because it would be gone on syncing
Albator V wrote:2) picture in events tabs : same thing, just display contact picture, like in contacts, favoris... tabs
sure, this would be relativ simple, but i see no space, i think it is more important to have the information about the event and this needs 2 full line (2nd line), and 3rdline is for account type, so there is no space to have pictures thereand the pictures consume the most space of the whole app.
camel

Post by camel »

your whishes are implemented in 2.0.7.
please check if it is ok for you.
cu camel
Albator V

Re: [DONE]Display picture in organization and events views

Post by Albator V »

Excellent ! But how to change picture?
Samsung Galaxy S5
Android JB 4.4
camel

Re: [DONE]Display picture in organization and events views

Post by camel »

Albator V wrote:Excellent ! But how to change picture?
event picture -> edit contact
organization and title picture -> is not supported by OS (but we will make it possible in future for organization and title like as we did on group.
cu camel