[DONE]: Contact: Facebook + photo on list

Moderators: dwp, devin

camel

[DONE]: Contact: Facebook + photo on list

Post by camel »

I found this app and it is very nice. I think it will be much appreciate to have:

- possibility to choose and link a contact to a Facebook/Twitter account (as it works with Sense). Now for some contacts it is only automatically linked.
- contact's image visible on contact list
- edit contact image -> add the possibility to view the image from facebook/twitter

thank you and best regards
Marco
marcar82

Re: Contact: Facebook + photo on list

Post by marcar82 »

camel wrote: hi Marco,
not sure, which new feature you want: do you mean creating a link on home screen ?
please can you describe which feature should be included ?

cu camel
Hi camel, let me explain better:
- possibility to choose and link a contact to a Facebook/Twitter account (as it works with Sense). Now for some contacts it is only automatically linked.
I meant to join 2/more contact (i.e. a contact of the phone with a contact from facebook) ... but I just find out that this is already available (with sense is more visible ;) ;) )

- contact's image visible on contact list
This is my main feature request .... on contact list (this one) if I choose to view the FB photo for a contact, it is NOT displayed and it is displayed the default image (with an android) .... only if the contact has a google photo, then it is displayed. Is it more clear now ?
- edit contact image -> add the possibility to view the image from facebook/twitter
I was wrong, it is possible to choose a image from facebook/twitter for a contact sorry

Marco
camel

Post by camel »

so, summary if i do now understand it correctly:
the feature request is:
the implemented "Show contact picture for a contact" does now only show picture of contact if it is stored in "local account" or "google account", or "exchange account", "but does not show pictures on facebook accounts"
i tried all types - and it is working for all types (excluded facebook account, because don't use it)

so, we should add support to show also pictures for facebook accounts, too. have i got it now ?

cu camel

EDIT: created facebook account + tried it - it is working facebook contacts, too.

sorry, so not sure, what is not working for facebook account (sorry, if i don't got your FR) ..hmm
marcar82

Post by marcar82 »

Yes you got it perfectly.

Let me show you how it works on my device

camel

Post by camel »

marcar82 wrote:Yes you got it perfectly.

Let me show you how it works on my device

ok, i got it now ...
strange, it is working for me, must test why it doesn't work for you on facebook accounts.

ok, i got it ....
it is working on tab "search" , but it is different working on "contacts".
you will see, that tab "contacts" to this on a different way as "search" tab. (search tab show more accounts).
we will fix that on next version.

cu camel

PLS: for now you can use the "search" tab
marcar82

Post by marcar82 »

Thank you very much for your prompt replies and for your support.

Marco
marcar82

Post by marcar82 »

camel wrote: ok, i got it ....
it is working on tab "search" , but it is different working on "contacts".
you will see, that tab "contacts" to this on a different way as "search" tab. (search tab show more accounts).
we will fix that on next version.

cu camel

PLS: for now you can use the "search" tab
Search tab shows all contact and also FB contacts, but if a contact is linked to a FB one, the problem still remains
camel

Post by camel »

marcar82 wrote:Search tab shows all contact and also FB contacts, but if a contact is linked to a FB one, the problem still remains
first only for your info:
on tab "search" there will be all contacts visible (from selected accounts), also always there are all contacts.
on tab "contacts" there are only the contacts, which are having phone numbers (there is an extra option in menu, where you can activate - only show contacts, which are having phone numbers.

very strange: the contacts are shown on my device ...

it could be a problem, that your contacts are doule(merged).
this is an android (stupid) method, that all contacts which have the same name, will be automatically merged to 1 contact.
maybe this is your problem ?
please look, to this contact, if there is another contac, which is merged together ...
and then it could be, that android does shown any contact picture as first, and maybe then the contact picture is used from a merged contact, which doesn't have a picture.

please check your contact, if this contact, doesn'T ahve any other contact inside(merged). and if so, you can split it, then the contact is seperate.

to check: click on this contact - long click - view contact, and look if you see multiple icons (account types)
then it is possible to click on this icons, and then it should be possible to spit them - via "-" (minus) key.
then look again on the contacts.

cu camel

could it be, that contacts
camel

Post by camel »

should be work on version 2.0.4 :) (will be published in next 1-3 days)
marcar82

Post by marcar82 »

camel wrote:should be work on version 2.0.4 :) (will be published in next 1-3 days)
Hi Camel ... I tested the 204 but the problem I've described does not work.
camel

Post by camel »

marcar82 wrote:
camel wrote:should be work on version 2.0.4 :) (will be published in next 1-3 days)
Hi Camel ... I tested the 204 but the problem I've described does not work.
hi marcar82,
i'm very sorry, but can you explain your problem again ? (don't shot me ;-)
and please describe it on new version 2.0.4 (because i can not reproduce your problem here ...) and it is working fine form me and no problems with contact pictures ...

cu camel
marcar82

Re: [DONE in v2.0.4]Contact: Facebook + photo on list

Post by marcar82 »

The problem remains the same I posted on this photo below:

camel

Post by camel »

marcar82 wrote:The problem remains the same I posted on this photo below:

so, it seems to be a problem with the "tab".
it the tab is on bottom -> then this bug happen
if tab is on top, then it is working ? strange ...

i will take care of it.
thanks for your good explaination
now i understand :)

cu camel
marcar82

Post by marcar82 »

camel wrote: so, it seems to be a problem with the "tab".
if tab is on top, then it is working ? strange

cu camel
No no... The tab on top is the standard android contact app, and the 2 images with tab on bottom is from DW.
camel

Post by camel »

marcar82 wrote:
camel wrote: so, it seems to be a problem with the "tab".
if tab is on top, then it is working ? strange

cu camel
No no... The tab on top is the standard android contact app, and the 2 images with tab on bottom is from DW.
ok,sorry, maybe i should't drink the last bottle of wine :)
but your stock app is looking almost as the same as DWC :) (because you can hide the title line, then you will have more space on your phone)
see: settings -> display settings -> theme settings -> there you will find "hide title line" (then the blue title line willb e hidden (sort and search can be also done via "menu" (menu button).

ok, back to your problem ... i would really like to try your account on my device, because i have also facebook, and i can see all picture
it would be interested, if your facebook account will work on my device .....
and cannot verify approve your issue (testedwith some friends now on ~4 different devices (htc wilfire, lg optimus, samsung galaxy i9000s, etc..)
please let me also know, which device you have + which rom + which android version
if you want to test this with me - you can contact me via PM, and perhaps you can borrow me your facebook account (changing password before, and then i will test it .. (you can trust me - for sure :)

cu camel
marcar82

Post by marcar82 »

camel wrote: please let me also know, which device you have + which rom + which android version
Hi, here you can find my envinronments:

HTC Bravo (Desire)
Android 2.3.4
Rom CM7 RC1
camel

Post by camel »

marcar82 wrote:
camel wrote: please let me also know, which device you have + which rom + which android version

HTC Bravo (Desire)
Android 2.3.4
Rom CM7 RC1
hmm, i'm fear, that the issue is on CM7,and that it will do anything special ...
because i tried it on 2.3.4 and there it is working fine. also tested on 2.1, 2.2.1, 2.3.3, 2.3.4
we will try to take a look ...hopefully we can find out - maybe we must make a special debug version, where we can see where the real problem is ..., and then we would need testing on your side ...
i tried cm7 on my device, but there are so many bugs, that i canceled the cm7 on my sgs, also my friend are not happy with it ..
cu camel
marcar82

Post by marcar82 »

camel wrote:
marcar82 wrote:

HTC Bravo (Desire)
Android 2.3.4
Rom CM7 RC1
hmm, i'm fear, that the issue is on CM7,and that it will do anything special ...
because i tried it on 2.3.4 and there it is working fine. also tested on 2.1, 2.2.1, 2.3.3, 2.3.4
we will try to take a look ...hopefully we can find out - maybe we must make a special debug version, where we can see where the real problem is ..., and then we would need testing on your side ...
i tried cm7 on my device, but there are so many bugs, that i canceled the cm7 on my sgs, also my friend are not happy with it ..
cu camel
Ah ok ... maybe if I will have time I will flash another ROM and I'll test on it ... I'll let you know about that.

cheers
Marco
camel

Post by camel »

marcar82 wrote: Ah ok ... maybe if I will have time I will flash another ROM and I'll test on it ... I'll let you know about that.
cheers
Marco
i know it cost a lot of time, but this would helps a lot ..
cu camel
camel

Re: [bug: confirmed]: Contact: Facebook + photo on list

Post by camel »

it is fixed in version 2.0.5
td101

Re: [DONE]: Contact: Facebook + photo on list

Post by td101 »

i think i got the same issue:
all my contacts are on exchange, and some of them are linked with facebook and a profile picture.
in the standard contact app i can see the profile pictures in the contact list, in DW contacts it doesnt show the profile pictures (shows the android for all contacts).
camel

Re: [DONE]: Contact: Facebook + photo on list

Post by camel »

td101 wrote:i think i got the same issue:
all my contacts are on exchange, and some of them are linked with facebook and a profile picture.
in the standard contact app i can see the profile pictures in the contact list, in DW contacts it doesnt show the profile pictures (shows the android for all contacts).
do you see the facebook account in DWC ?
do you see the facebook contacts, but only without pictures - or do they totally are missing all facebook contacts ?
how is the anme of the account type in DWC ?