[DONE]Always show alphabet bar & Sliding actions on contacts

Moderators: dwp, devin

nerbrume

[DONE]Always show alphabet bar & Sliding actions on contacts

Post by nerbrume »

Hello,
Thanks for this app very close to what I've been looking for months. However, I've got two whishes, for the contact list :

1) I like the "side alphabet bar" very much. Could it be set to be always shown ? So touching it would take you directly to the chosen letter ? (and if so, displaying it to the right seems better)

2) I would like the possibility to "slide" a contact left or right (while in the contact list), which would either call the contact, or send a SMS to it. I hope I'm clear :oops: , if not, ask for precisions.
If this feature is too complicated, I would at least be glad to have smaller "call", "sms" and "e-mail" icons on the contacts list. Right now, displaying more than 2 of them, whith contact pictures enabled, adds a lot of clutter.
camel

Re: Always show alphabet bar & Sliding actions on contacts

Post by camel »

hi,
nerbrume wrote:Hello,
Thanks for this app very close to what I've been looking for months. However, I've got two whishes, for the contact list :

1) I like the "side alphabet bar" very much. Could it be set to be always shown ? So touching it would take you directly to the chosen letter ? (and if so, displaying it to the right seems better)
i don't think, that this will be needed, because:
a.) there is no space to have the alphabetics all the time on left or right side, also now if you begin with scroll up/down, then you will habe the fast-scroll on both side, you you can use whatever you like....
b.) there is a new feature, which is much better to fast set the postion to your wanted start point .. -> "Quick-Jump" ->which show you a windows, where you can directly jump to the wanted postion.
"Quick-Jump" can be activated
a) - menu key -> "Quick-Jump"
b) - sliding via -> touch with 2 fingers the display -> then move the 2 fingers together -> then you will see a "window" with all first alphabet chars, and then simmpy click on a letter ... and you will be there :)
nerbrume wrote:2) I would like the possibility to "slide" a contact left or right (while in the contact list), which would either call the contact, or send a SMS to it. I hope I'm clear :oops: , if not, ask for precisions.
If this feature is too complicated, I would at least be glad to have smaller "call", "sms" and "e-mail" icons on the contacts list. Right now, displaying more than 2 of them, whith contact pictures enabled, adds a lot of clutter.
this is all inplace, and you have several posibilites:
a.) you can activate to have an icon for "SMS", "DIAL", "EMAIL" or "contact "picture"
-> if you click on "contact "picture" -> then you will get all your wanted functions ... call, sms, etc ...
-> SMS, CALL, EMAIl will do it directly.
-> long click on CALL icon -> will fill in the number to dialpad input box (if wanted to edit the number before dialing)

b.) long click on item ->brings you the real "long-press menu", where you find all functions, which are possible.
there you will also find: call, edit before calling, SMS,email, etc ...

so,i think, all is inplace ...

to the question of sliding left/right
example: typically -most users are having the display configured:
-------------------------------------------------------
| dial icon | c o n t a c t n a m e | picture |

if you side on contact name left or rigth <<-- it will change the default dial number
if you side on left range (dialicon) to right -> it will switch to next tab (so, it is possible to hide all tabs to have more space on display)
if you side on right range to left (picture) -> it will switch to next tab - the other direction of tabs ..

as you can see, there are a lot of not explained functions ... and as i see every day ... it is maybe better tos top the development and make some videos or some manuals with pictures, because almost every function is inplace ...

example: often guys are asking me - how to make very quickly call last number -> also several ways ...
a) click on tab "phone" -> switch to tab "phone" and change the name to "call"
another click on tab "phone(call)" -> fill in the last dialed number
another click on tab "phone(call)" -> start dialing
or
b) click on tab "phone" -> switch to tab "phone" and change the name to "call"
click green dial icon(on dialpad input text) -> fill in the last dialed number
another click on green dial icon(on dialpad input text) -> start dialing

hope this tricks helps :)

cu camel
nerbrume

Post by nerbrume »

Wow, you were quick to answer !
i don't think, that this will be needed, because:
a.) there is no space to have the alphabetics all the time on left or right side, also now if you begin with scroll up/down, then you will habe the fast-scroll on both side, you you can use whatever you like....
b.) there is a new feature, which is much better to fast set the postion to your wanted start point .. -> "Quick-Jump" ->which show you a windows, where you can directly jump to the wanted postion.
"Quick-Jump" can be activated
a) - menu key -> "Quick-Jump"
b) - sliding via -> touch with 2 fingers the display -> then move the 2 fingers together -> then you will see a "window" with all first alphabet chars, and then simmpy click on a letter ... and you will be there :)
Yup, I saw the quick jump, but it is, for me, 1 click too far (I need to click 2 times to reach a letter). I wanted a solution that was accessible right away. Several dialers/contact managers implement it this way (I'm used to the samsung dialer). But I can do without it (mainly by launching the fast scrolling).
b.) long click on item ->brings you the real "long-press menu", where you find all functions, which are possible.
there you will also find: call, edit before calling, SMS,email, etc ...
Once again, your solutions need 2 clicks. Except the direct icons, but they are, IMHO, too big : I've got a 4.3in display, and showing :
|sms icon | dial icon | c o n t a c t n a m e | picture |
is too much to my taste (too little space for the contact name). I currently use the standard :
| dial icon | c o n t a c t n a m e | picture |

So, can I change my request to "make smaller icons" ? :)
if you side on contact name left or rigth <<-- it will change the default dial number
if you side on left range (dialicon) to right -> it will switch to next tab (so, it is possible to hide all tabs to have more space on display)
if you side on right range to left (picture) -> it will switch to next tab - the other direction of tabs ..
Indeed, I didn't knew about this feature. Clearly incompatible with my wish !
camel

Post by camel »

well, the icon size have the idea, to be the same size as contact picture, also on dialpad the icons for delte, dial ..
and now all cons are having the same size, and if you change it to left or right it is always in 1 row ...and this make sense ..
changing the size of icons .. no go.
we are having users wihc are wanting bigger icons - next smaller ... wellas i said - it is related to all others, whcih are should also be happy ..

please check the settings, you can make the font size smaller, if you need more details about the names, also you can hide the icons, if they are to big ..
another users are having 3,5" screens, and should also can use it ...
to resize the wole dialer,would make it much more slower ...
and i think, we must take care of this app, that it is very fast and stay fast
camel

Post by camel »

therefore we implemented a function "Quick-Jump", which will popup a window, where you quikly jump to any starting contact letter.
(slide 2 finger together on screen)
this is working for tabs, which are sorted by any name field (not on phone, because there we have the mightful T9 search, and tab "history" is sorted by date desc)
cu camel