[DONE]Contact Picture Zoom

Moderators: dwp, devin

mbechtold

[DONE]Contact Picture Zoom

Post by mbechtold »

Could there be an option when you click on the contact's picture, there is a choice to "view picture" and something like a popup or gallery view opens so you can see the contact's picture better than when its half an inch big? I'd pay for pro if this was an option. Thanks

(Using Droid X)
camel

Re: Contact Picture Zoom

Post by camel »

mbechtold wrote:Could there be an option when you click on the contact's picture, there is a choice to "view picture" and something like a popup or gallery view opens so you can see the contact's picture better than when its half an inch big? I'd pay for pro if this was an option. Thanks

(Using Droid X)
hi,
OFF-TOPIC:
the contact picture is a very small (size)picture , because think about ...
example:
if you have 1000 contacts and 1 picture would be in average 300x300 pixel ...
is in compressed format 30KB - uncompressed -> 200KB ..
so, the mem would need then 1000x200KB = 200MB !!!!! - so it would must handle 200MB in memory ...i think - no smart phone could be handle

but sure, this was notyour question ... i only make clear, what we are talking about ...

well, if you want to show the picture bigger - how should it work ?
(like sliding as on the "quick-jump" but sliding horizontal in the same line as the contact is ?
or "long click" on contact and then selecting in menu -> "More -> and then "Show contact picture" ?
because this function is not very usefull for a lot of guys, so it would be find only a place in sub-menu "More".

tell me - how you would like to start this function: "Show contact picture"

cu camel
mbechtold

Post by mbechtold »

Ya i kinda figured data size was the reason. Not sure if there is a way to make it a cached pic or "loads" the file to your SD when you open it? And my thoughts of how I envisioned it is when you click on the contact's picture, have that choice be one of the sub-menu option.

Or I don't know if there is a way for when you go into "edit contact", when you click on their picture, it gives you the options to take picture or choose from existing, could also be view existing picture. Although, I think this one would be a recommendation for android which would take years lol.

My reasoning is I work in youth ministry and have a lot of students and people that I come into contact with. To be able to see their face before hand is a huge help. I remember my iPod touch being able to at least do the edit contact way and I used that feature a ton.

Thanks for the quick reply.
camel

Post by camel »

mbechtold wrote:Ya i kinda figured data size was the reason. Not sure if there is a way to make it a cached pic or "loads" the file to your SD when you open it? And my thoughts of how I envisioned it is when you click on the contact's picture, have that choice be one of the sub-menu option.
another sub-menu ? ... no, we are having a sub-menu - long click on contact name ... i think, we don't need another one ..
but if a lot of users arealso postiong, that they wouldlike to have this - then we can discuss about ..
if you click on picture, then you get the interface for doing a lot of your system related features .. dialing, email, sms, etc ..
and to add an
mbechtold wrote:Or I don't know if there is a way for when you go into "edit contact", when you click on their picture, it gives you the options to take picture or choose from existing, could also be view existing picture. Although, I think this one would be a recommendation for android which would take years lol.
this is related to you contact editor - out of scope of DWC.
if wanted, please sendit to "contact editor" developer, he can implement it
mbechtold wrote: My reasoning is I work in youth ministry and have a lot of students and people that I come into contact with. To be able to see their face before hand is other sub-menua huge help. I remember my iPod touch being able to at least do the edit contact way and I used that feature a ton.
Thanks for the quick reply.
is related to your contact viewer, maybe he can do it, to display the picture very big ..or write this to your manufacturer of contact viewer, which is different on devices - out of scope of DWC.

thanks for your ideas ...
cu camel

the only offer, which i can make is, long click on contact -> then in sub-menu -> "show contact pciture", and then it will popup picture in full or bigger popup screen ..(if some users are also needing this)
all other does not make sense ..
camel

Post by camel »

we implemented in 2.0.7, so you "view contact picture"
-> then it will show you the picture of contact in bigger view. there you can also "export picture" (saving to path on your sd-card)

have fun - cu camel