[BLOCKED BY OS]make facebook account content editable

Moderators: dwp, devin

markum

[BLOCKED BY OS]make facebook account content editable

Post by markum »

I have also contact info from my facebook account in my contact list. Unfortunately this content is not editable. I am aware that this might be a problem of facebook. Honestly I do not care much about Facebook, I only allow the facebook app sync occasionaly. My main interest is the content, so I would like the content of the Facebook stuff to be moved to another addressbook type and be edited there.
camel

Re: make facebook account content editable

Post by camel »

markum wrote:I have also contact info from my facebook account in my contact list. Unfortunately this content is not editable. I am aware that this might be a problem of facebook. Honestly I do not care much about Facebook, I only allow the facebook app sync occasionaly. My main interest is the content, so I would like the content of the Facebook stuff to be moved to another addressbook type and be edited there.
well, correct, editing of a contact is not possible in facebook (not sure, but i think only the contacts themself can change the info).
also the deleting is not possible (you can delete a facebook account in DWC, but after syncing, i think he will come back)
so, it is possible to copy a facebook account to another account. and there you can edit them

but, please wait for version 2.0.4, because there are a lot of things fixed (on deleting merged contacts, it happens on old version, that all merged contacts will be deleted). in new version 2.0.4, there it is fixed, and only contacts from shown accounts will be deleted.
Also in 2.0.3 you can't see, if the contacts are merged or not -> in 2.0.4 there you can do it.

so, please standby ..
and then you can do:
1.) optional: create an extra google account if you want to copy the facebook accounts to a new account
2.) set to show only contacts from facebook (in settings -> account data)
3.) go to tab "contacts" or "search" (on search you will see all contacs, anyhow if they have email or phone numbers)
4.) go to multi-select mode + select all your wanted contacts
5.) long press menu -> "duplicate contacts" -> then it will ask you to which account you want to copy it(moving to another account is not implemented, because to dangerous to loose contacts, if user are making a mistake)
6.) optional: select your contacts, which you want to delete -> and then long press -> "Delete contacts"
7.) go to settings, and select which accounts you want to see :)

cu camel