Updated to Oreo, white text turned purple / pink ?!

Moderators: dwp, devin

UnknownPerson

Updated to Oreo, white text turned purple / pink ?!

Post by UnknownPerson »

My wife and I both have a OnePlus 3T. It's been a great phone with no issues whatsoever. We both just upgraded to Oreo and oddly, the only issue we've seen is that DW Contacts & Phone's text that is normally white, is all this shade of purple and pink. I have looked in the settings and don't see anything to change it. I have also applied some default themes but it doesn't affect the text color.

Group names are all this color
incoming (answered) and outgoing calls are this color, missed calls are still red.
Even all contact names are this color
If I view details of a contact, it's white as it should be.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Screenshot_20171201-095617.jpg
Screenshot_20171201-095617.jpg (56.37 KiB) Viewed 4208 times
pollensa1946

Re: Updated to Oreo, white text turned purple / pink ?!

Post by pollensa1946 »

I experienced this also. Devin fixed in the most recent DWP update.
UnknownPerson

Post by UnknownPerson »

I'm on 3.0.5.4-pro on my OnePlus 3T and the store shows it is up to date... Still weird colors.

EDIT: Ah nevermind, now I remember I didn't install it from the store because it keeps popping up saying license verification failed although even Google shows I paid for this app. The messages got so annoying I had to download a hacked version to remove license verification. I asked for support then, but like now, the creator doesn't care enough to respond. I paid for this app a long time ago, and I'm on an unrooted phone, so why the he11 is license verification failing? I reinstalled which fixed text color, but getting annoying messages again.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Please try to clear Google Play data in Application Manager and then re install the DW Contacts form Google Play.
Before you can use: Settings ~ Backup Manager to back up all data.
BTW:
Make sure you do not install Lucky Patcher, etc. cracked software. Previously, a user feedback its problems resolved by uninstalling them.