[FIXED]Stop unexpectedly-share contact copy to clipboard

Moderators: dwp, devin

sonhy

[FIXED]Stop unexpectedly-share contact copy to clipboard

Post by sonhy »

Hi, this possible bug is not a problem for me, i thought i just report it anyways.
If i do a long press menu, on a contact in the phone/call log tab list, and then press Share Contact, then press Copy to Clipbaord, i get the default android "DWC has stopped unexpectedly" popup error, and then I press "force close" button, and the google sync window appears, showing the message "This account is not yet configured to sync automatically. Press Menu > Refresh....".

I do not use google sync and have diabled auto sync for the calendar & contacts, etc. for my gmail account.

If I long press menu a contact, then click Share Contact again, then click vCard option, it does not crash, but goes striaght to the google sync page with the same message "This account is not yet configured to sync automatically. Press Menu > Refresh....".

If I long press menu a contact, then click Copy to Clipbaord, it works good. so i think it is because i dont have google sync on.

Also, the long press menu option "Edit Event from Contact" is hard to understand, I think i should be "Edit Events for Contact" or "Edit Special Events".

My Info: Motorola Defy on custom Rom android 2.2.2 (motoblur not removed) using DWC v2.0.3-free
thank you.
camel

Re: Stop unexpectedly - share contact --> copy to clipboard

Post by camel »

hi sonhy, thank you very much for your feedback, very good report, would wish, that it is always so in details like yours :)
sonhy wrote:Hi, this possible bug is not a problem for me, i thought i just report it anyways.
If i do a long press menu, on a contact in the phone/call log tab list, and then press Share Contact, then press Copy to Clipbaord, i get the default android "DWC has stopped unexpectedly" popup error, and then I press "force close" button, and the google sync window appears, showing the message "This account is not yet configured to sync automatically. Press Menu > Refresh....".

I do not use google sync and have diabled auto sync for the calendar & contacts, etc. for my gmail account.

If I long press menu a contact, then click Share Contact again, then click vCard option, it does not crash, but goes striaght to the google sync page with the same message "This account is not yet configured to sync automatically. Press Menu > Refresh....".

If I long press menu a contact, then click Copy to Clipbaord, it works good. so i think it is because i dont have google sync on.
i will verify this, and hopefully i can reproduce this on my device, and we will try to fix this on next version 2.0.4 (which will be published tomorrow)
sonhy wrote: Also, the long press menu option "Edit Event from Contact" is hard to understand, I think i should be "Edit Events for Contact" or "Edit Special Events".
My Info: Motorola Defy on custom Rom android 2.2.2 (motoblur not removed) using DWC v2.0.3-free
thank you.
will be changed on 2.0.4 to your proposal to: "Edit Events for Contact"

cu camel
camel

Post by camel »

i can't reproduce the problem, please can you try your issues on new version 2.0.4 again ? (will be online tomorrow - if possible)
cu camel
sonhy

Post by sonhy »

Ok problem solved. thanks.

In version 2.03 there were two menu options to "copy to clipboard" and one of them did not work.
1) long press menu on contact --> copy to clipboard.
2) Long press menu on contact --> share contact --> copy to clipboard.

Now in version 2.04 there is now just one option and it works great so the problem is fixed.

Regarding the google sync message, it still pops up when I choose the menu option "share contact --> vCard". I believe it is a google issue and not an issue with DWC. I don't know why my contacts need to be sync'ed for me to share/send a vCard... i tried to google it but no luck. No issues here as I will just use: Share Contact --> text.
camel

Post by camel »

sonhy wrote:Ok problem solved. thanks.

In version 2.03 there were two menu options to "copy to clipboard" and one of them did not work.
1) long press menu on contact --> copy to clipboard.
2) Long press menu on contact --> share contact --> copy to clipboard.

Now in version 2.04 there is now just one option and it works great so the problem is fixed.
hi,
(maybe it was a bug in menu)
fine if it is solved :)
now a lot of functions are given to the sub-emnu -> "More", because a lot of users, told us, that the long press menu was too long, so we put a lot of them on the submenu "More>" (there you will find "copy to clipboard")
sonhy wrote: Regarding the google sync message, it still pops up when I choose the menu option "share contact --> vCard". I believe it is a google issue and not an issue with DWC. I don't know why my contacts need to be sync'ed for me to share/send a vCard... i tried to google it but no luck. No issues here as I will just use: Share Contact --> text.
no, it tested in on several account types. it is working on all systems.
please can you make a screenshot with your problem ? it must something on your system strange, because it there would be a crash, then it would create a report.
i do: sharing -> vcard -> then i use mostly "K9-Mail"
how do you do this ?

cu camel
camel

Re: [FIXED]Stop unexpectedly-share contact copy to clipboard

Post by camel »

tested on several systems, no problem at all wot latest version. please test it again on version 2.0.5
cu camel