[FIXED]Contact's image

Moderators: dwp, devin

seacoast

[FIXED]Contact's image

Post by seacoast »

Hi,

I just installed the free version of DW Contacts & Phone. The problem is that my contact's images aren't being displayed. Only the default "android" image.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!
camel

Re: Contact's image

Post by camel »

seacoast wrote:Hi,

I just installed the free version of DW Contacts & Phone. The problem is that my contact's images aren't being displayed. Only the default "android" image.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!
hi seacoast,
which system do you have ?
which device do you have ?
on which account are your contacts ?
will the pictures be shown on your stock contact application ?
will the pictures be shown if you click on the contact (then it will be open your stock viewer) ?
on which tab you can't see the pictures ? (because we know, that on tab "Phone" there we had an problem, which is fixed in ext version, which will be online in next 1-2 days (we are working all the time on the new version, which is a "BIG DEAL" for all users, because very much new things, and much more easier to use - and much more costumizing of viewing the contacts, etc ....)

cu camel
seacoast

Post by seacoast »

Hi,

It is a Droid Charge model SCH-I510.
Firmware version: 2.2.1

I'm not sure what you mean by "on which account are your contacts".

Yes the pictures show on my stock application.
When I click the contact, the stock viewer shows the picture.

Neither the Phone tab, Contacts tab nor the Favorites tab displays the picture.
seacoast

Post by seacoast »

Sorry!

It works fine. I just needed to re-sync.
camel

Post by camel »

seacoast wrote:Sorry!

It works fine. I just needed to re-sync.
that could be the problem, then the data are only stored in extra contact application, and the picture are not saved on internal db. after syncing it repairs this..

fine that it is working now for you.

please try the new version - it is now online :)
i'm sure you'll like it :)

cu camel
xabu

Post by xabu »

I have the same problem.
New software version (paid)
Installed on a HTC desire HD
Using the sync on the phone doesnt update the pictures.
xabu

Post by xabu »

this is not working for me.
I have synchronized the phone with google and facebook.
A simular application is showing the pictures.

2.0.5 pro
HTC Desire HD

gmail, facebook & phone

yes

will the pictures be shown if you click on the contact (then it will be open your stock viewer) ?
yes
camel

Post by camel »

xabu wrote:this is not working for me.
I have synchronized the phone with google and facebook.
A simular application is showing the pictures.

2.0.5 pro
HTC Desire HD

gmail, facebook & phone

yes

yes
if you have a contact on gmail,and you have there a picture - will it be shown ?
or do you mean
you have a contact on gmail and on facebook -> the picture is in facebook, and the gmail have no picture ..
and then it shows now picture in DWC ?
camel

Post by camel »

xabu wrote:I have the same problem.
New software version (paid)
Installed on a HTC desire HD
Using the sync on the phone doesnt update the pictures.
there is no sync in DWC !
dwc only working with database and show the picture, if there is any picture.
(logic is: show picture of google, if there is no picture, try to get a picture of next account type - and it is working very good for me)

best to find out -please install "contact editor"
then find your merged contact, where it is merged in "google, facebook, skype"
then click on edit and use "contact editor" - it is in a list - please look, where the picture is inside ...

but funny, that on both users, where this problem exist ... devices are "HTC desire HD" ???
can i get more informations about this device ?
ROM ? stock rom installed ?
android system ?
camel

Post by camel »

try to disable all acount data in DWC - onyl activate the google account - then look if you can see the pictures or do you only see onlyan empty frame ?
xabu

Post by xabu »

okay all my pictures come from facebook.
so I disabeled all other accounts except facebook(under account data).
Now I have no contacts.
Disabling all accounts except gmail, then I have all contacts but no pictures.
Using "contact editor" I only see the gmail account.
Is it htc sense? they link facebook and gmail.
How can I merge the accounts?
xabu

Post by xabu »

Just read this post
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59

my problem is simular.

I just added a piture in gmail to a contact person.
No problem in sync the picture.

I can see it in dw contacts. But facebook is not synced
camel

Post by camel »

xabu wrote:Just read this post
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59

my problem is simular.

I just added a piture in gmail to a contact person.
No problem in sync the picture.

I can see it in dw contacts. But facebook is not synced
sorry, maybe i don't understaand ?
do both contacts merged together ?
or are they seperate contacts and both shown ?
can you make screenshot and explain it more in detail ?

facebook pictures can't changed, they are read-only
you onyl can copy(duplicate) a facebook contact to google or any other READ-WRITE account type.

if 2 contacts are merged togeher, i can't show both icons in 1 line, so it will use the first one
if 2 contacts are merged (same name - 1is in google -1 is on facebook), and only 1 contact have an picture, then it will try to load a picture from first contact in list, if no picture, then try to laod from second contact)

cu camel
td101

Post by td101 »

i got the same problem:

on tab "Kontakte" is doenst show the picture next to the contact. in the standard contact app, it does show the pic. pics are from facebook
Xperia Ray. Android 2.3.3
camel

Post by camel »

td101 wrote:i got the same problem:

on tab "Kontakte" is doenst show the picture next to the contact. in the standard contact app, it does show the pic. pics are from facebook
Xperia Ray. Android 2.3.3
maybe it is a problem, which other users reported ...

FEEDBACK FROM A USER:
I had "facebook for android" installed and synchronized with it.
This worked in GOcontacts, Phonebook 2.0, contapps + some others I tried.
Not in DWC ...
Now I synchronize with "facebook for htc sense" and the facebook icon appears beside the contact and most important, the contacts now have the facebook picture inside of DWC.

DWC only use the official sync databases ....
it would not make sense to support a not supported sync db, which will loose all data on syncing ...
Recommends that users do not use the official software synchronization

for my device - i added a facebook account, and lookto DWC, and not supported to see the pictures ...
then i installed "facebook for android" - synced, and then i got the oictures working.

but as i always told - facebook is totally limited in restrictions, and can't be used only for READ-ONLY support.

- - - -
hope this helps to fix it for you, too :)

cu camel
td101

Post by td101 »

i dont know what the problem causes..

anyway, i just installed "go contacts" and it works fine. Shows the contact pictures in the contact list just like the "standard contact app" does.

so why can't "dw contact" show the pictures in the contact list? i dont think it's a problem of the facebook-app...
camel

Post by camel »

td101 wrote:i dont know what the problem causes..

anyway, i just installed "go contacts" and it works fine. Shows the contact pictures in the contact list just like the "standard contact app" does.

so why can't "dw contact" show the pictures in the contact list? i dont think it's a problem of the facebook-app...
in dwc you can see the contacts- but without a picture ?
how is this facebook account called in DWC ? see: settings -> account data - is it visible there ?
hanesthebanes

Post by hanesthebanes »

Hi there,
I've got the same model and problem like xibu. I've checked and tried everything you recommended within the whole post to solve this bug,but it didn't help yet;( however, nice app;)
camel

Post by camel »

hanesthebanes wrote:Hi there,
I've got the same model and problem like xibu. I've checked and tried everything you recommended within the whole post to solve this bug,but it didn't help yet;( however, nice app;)
thanks for reoports,
but i would need more details to help ..

in dwc you can see the contacts- but without a picture ?
how is this facebook account called in DWC ? see: settings -> account data - is it visible there ?
hanesthebanes

Post by hanesthebanes »

Thanks for the fast reply.
model: htc desire hd 2.3.3
accounts (all): skype, pcsc (?), WhatsApp, News, SIM, Facebook, Google, Stocks, Weather, HTC, email 1, email 2
accounts (actuallly activated): skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, Google, HTC

images of contacts that aren't connected with a facebook friend have the correct google images.
images of contacts that are connected with a facebock friend only show the standard android icon.
camel

Post by camel »

hanesthebanes wrote:Thanks for the fast reply.
model: htc desire hd 2.3.3
accounts (all): skype, pcsc (?), WhatsApp, News, SIM, Facebook, Google, Stocks, Weather, HTC, email 1, email 2
accounts (actuallly activated): skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, Google, HTC

images of contacts that aren't connected with a facebook friend have the correct google images.
images of contacts that are connected with a facebock friend only show the standard android icon.
hi, have you installed from market "facebook for android" - or have you only create an facebook account,and used the stock facebook account ?

if not installed the app - please try to install "facebook for android", start the the applciation and then sync.
after this, please look inside to DWC, and you will see maybe another facebook account. try to use this ...
(because some manufacturer did cooking here an extra soup, which is very restricted, so it can be, taht the pictures can'T be loaded from 3rd party apps, or they do saving the pictures on another way ...
maybe this helps for you, too.
hanesthebanes

Post by hanesthebanes »

Solution (for me) was:
create a new "Facebook for HTC"-account in SystemSettings for SyncingAccounts.
After a while you are prompted to connect your facebook-contacts with the facebookforhtc-contacts ;) zzz
--> start dwp-contacts and enjoy the contact-images.

Hope it helps for some others...
chrislo

Post by chrislo »

I too have this problem.

I have 2 Facebook accounts, one is from facebook android, the other is samsung social hub's facebook.

When default picture is set to facebook for android, in DWC or DWP, no photos will show up.
When default picture is set to samsung social hub's facebook account, DWC will show the correct photo.

DWP will show the correct photos, unless the contact has a twitter account joint. then no matter what the contact will show the twitter photo in dialer,
DWC has not got this problem.

Chris
chrislo

Post by chrislo »

By the way the twitter account is a samsung social hub's twitter account.
camel

Post by camel »

chrislo wrote:By the way the twitter account is a samsung social hub's twitter account.
the real problem is, that there is no real structure for this fileds, and which one should be preffered ...and different on android systems ...
and now DWC should handle the problems of the wrong architecture ... :(
well, it will cost a lot of time, but we will try to solve this anyhow ..
cu camel
td101

Post by td101 »

Hi Camel,

i re-read the whole thread and also tried everything mentionned here, but nothing worked.
At the end i figured out that DWC doesnt show my fb-contacts at all (i selected only the fb-accounts in settings and the contact list will show nothing)
the stock contact app shows them all...
what else can i try?
you need more info? screenshots?
my phone is still xperia ray, but now runs 2.3.4

as i told, if you install "facebook for android" , then you should get the list ...
your stock app is not dealing with real android contact database, and this can not be supported, if any manufacturer do handle facebook on their own way ...
i don't understand, that all users are horny on fb, forget the fb books, or install real account types,which are using correct android API.
camel

Post by camel »

hi, here i fetch all which is neccesary for facebook:

stock facebook apps are mostly "unsupported version", which can only be handled by stock contact viewer or editor

to get facebook working on REAL ANDROID API

1.) install not a SNS facebook account - this can't be used from all contact apps.
2.) install the official "facebook for android"
3.) in DWC:
a) setup your system contact filter to show your facebook account types
can be done on your "stock contact app" or in DWC
see: settings -> display settings -> global view settings -> system contact filter
4.) in DWC, setup, that you also want to see contacts without phone numbers.
see: settings -> display settings -> phone view settings -> "show only contact with phone number" -> disable
see: settings -> display settings -> contact view settings -> "show only contact with phone number" -> disable
5.) check if all facebook acount are activated in DWC
see: settings -> account data
to be sure, only activate all facebook accounts -> disable all other account types and then look if you can see the contacts from facebook

then go to tab "contacts" and check it - also tr if you can see on "event" tab, if there are any events shown (often fb contacts are having a birthday event)

then it is working fine.

please try this again.

cu camel
td101

Post by td101 »

camel wrote:1.) install not a SNS facebook account - this can't be used from all contact apps.
i dont understand this one: what is "SNS"?
i have two FB apps: one came pre-installed; this account is called "Facebook inside Xperia"
camel wrote:2.) install the official "facebook for android"
i also downloaded the FB app from the market. so i have 2 FB accounts setup in my phone
camel wrote:3.) in DWC:
a) setup your system contact filter to show your facebook account types
can be done on your "stock contact app" or in DWC
see: settings -> display settings -> global view settings -> system contact filter
check. all set.

camel wrote:4.) in DWC, setup, that you also want to see contacts without phone numbers.
see: settings -> display settings -> phone view settings -> "show only contact with phone number" -> disable see: settings -> display settings -> contact view settings -> "show only contact with phone number" -> disable
check
check
camel wrote:5.) check if all facebook acount are activated in DWC
see: settings -> account data
to be sure, only activate all facebook accounts -> disable all other account types and then look if you can see the contacts from facebook
check.
but can't see any contacts now. also no events are shown.

more info: all my contacts are stored on and synchronized with an exchange server.
and the contacts, which i also have on fb or in skype, i merged them with their corresponding contact from exchange.

i dont want all my fb- or skype-contacts in my contact app, but only those which i have already stored in my contact database on the exchange server. the main purpose is to see their profile picture in my contact app.
this works fine on the stock contact app, but not in DWC.
in the stock contact app i see all my Exchange contacts. And for those which i merged with their fb- or skype-contact, i also can see their profile pic.
but in DWC i can see a picture only with those contacts which have a skype-account
camel

Post by camel »

facebook related stuff ... sorry, but i can't hear that anymore ...
have nothing todo with you, this is about how facebook do handle their databse, which seems to be on every device different, and facebook is pi**ing on android API structure ...
see posting: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1188
maybe your internal SNS facebook account type is working ...

for me - i will uninstall facebook, because if they don't want to work as it is defined on android contacts database, we must descide to work with these contact account types, which are interesting to read in...
don'T ask me, i have no idea, why they don't want to communicate with AOSP defined contact classes.

cu camel
camel

Post by camel »

we fixed some parts for displaying contact pcitures in 2.0.7.
and for facebook, there is a solution for it -> see forum: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1188
cu camel