[Fixed in 2.1.1] Contact selection does not work as expected

Moderators: dwp, devin

ads

[Fixed in 2.1.1] Contact selection does not work as expected

Post by ads »

Hi
I do not know, how this mode is named. Caption says "Has phone number contacts". It appears e.g. when I want to add contact to quick dial or when I want to enter contact into third party SMS program. In this mode there are only three buttons on bottom of screen: Contacts, Relation and Multi-select.

And now problems in functionality:
- although I have selected ordering by Lastname, the list is ordered ba Firstname
- when I want to Search the contact (e.g. with magnifier button), the contact is searched, but shows the phone numbers absolutely randomly. When I select the contact searched, it offers me the correct phone numbers (but I can not distinguish, which one is fax number and which one is phone number).
- when the contact has more phone numbers (phone, mobile, fax,...), the contact is shown multiple times. This is unnecessary, because touching contact shows all numbers associated with this contact.
- touching Quick-jump button (icon with A-Z letters) or selecting Quick-jump from menu shows mysterious grid with numbers and plus signs only

Otherwise I am very satisfied with this program!!! The most usefull program on my phone. Perfect job!

Have a nice day

Vladimir
camel

Re: "Contact selection" does not work as expected

Post by camel »

ads wrote:Hi
I do not know, how this mode is named. Caption says "Has phone number contacts". It appears e.g. when I want to add contact to quick dial or when I want to enter contact into third party SMS program. In this mode there are only three buttons on bottom of screen: Contacts, Relation and Multi-select.

And now problems in functionality:
- although I have selected ordering by Lastname, the list is ordered ba Firstname
- when I want to Search the contact (e.g. with magnifier button), the contact is searched, but shows the phone numbers absolutely randomly. When I select the contact searched, it offers me the correct phone numbers (but I can not distinguish, which one is fax number and which one is phone number).
- when the contact has more phone numbers (phone, mobile, fax,...), the contact is shown multiple times. This is unnecessary, because touching contact shows all numbers associated with this contact.
- touching Quick-jump button (icon with A-Z letters) or selecting Quick-jump from menu shows mysterious grid with numbers and plus signs only

Otherwise I am very satisfied with this program!!! The most usefull program on my phone. Perfect job!

Have a nice day

Vladimir
thanks for report

multi-selection mode -> show slected contacts phone numbers or email -> this is completly new on 2.1

because before:
you have selected several contact (multi-selection mode) -> then click SMS, and you had no control to which number it was sent ...
the same is for email.
now you can do...
because now you see the list of all numbers/email and pre-selected (as setup in settings -SMS/EMail settings)

this bugs are all only in multi-selection mode - and if looking to selection list (these bugs/fearures only not working perfect -> if it is set to display and sort by fistname, then it is working)
1.)
but, it is true, that we are having a problem, if it is sorted my lastname (because for now it can only be sorted by android system settings).
we will try to find a way for it ...

2.) search: it is related on sort order ...

3.) quick-jump: it is related on sort order ...

4.) if a contact having multiple phone or email addresses -> yes, maybe we can find another way to show - or this is mandary, otherwise we must include a seperator - maybe we will find a better solution.

we discussed about, if we should launch the new version, and we thought, that there are so many new things (ex: the pictures are now loading on scrolling, and not reload all the time again - need more me - but only if availible)

we will try to fix or finding a better way ..ASAP ...

cu camel