snoopy

list order - last name first - search problem

Post by snoopy »

Hi,

environment: Samsung GSII, Android ICS 4.0.3, DW 2.1.3 Pro
global settings: list order - "last name first"
phone settings: sort list by - "recent contacted"

1)
situation: Phone - searched some contacts by dialler (petr = 7387)
problem: it is impossible to go through the search result. when you stop to touch the screen by finger, the result is automatically rewind to the start! (if default list order is used, then everything is ok)

2)
situation: Phone
problem: records which represents sending/receiving sms are displayed as "name first" and has icons like phone calls (sent sms like outgoing call, received sms like refused incoming call)

hope it is understandable :)

snoopy
dwp
Site Admin

Re: list order - last name first - search problem

Post by dwp »

Hello
Sorry I do not understand the question 1.
Question 2
This is caused by Samsung.
Samsung save SMS record to the phone records.
However, the standard Android does not provide API to distinguish between them.
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

dwp wrote: Samsung save SMS record to the phone records.
However, the standard Android does not provide API to distinguish between them.
Someone else wrote here that in previous releases it was working. So I am confused.
Will you try to find some solution, or there is no way to do something with this? May I help you in some way?

dwp wrote: Sorry I do not understand the question 1.
Dialler started. Making search by typing 7387 (searching for "petr"). The filtered list is displayed. This list is longer than the screen. You slide somewhere lower. You see what you where searching for. You stop sliding the screen. The screen does not stop in the appropriate position but it is rewind to the top of the list.

!!! more info !!!
The list (search result) show appropriate "call members" records and than appropriate "contacts". The problem described above happen only if the "call members" part of list is longer than screen. If the "call members" part is shorter than screen and the "contacts" part is long, everything is ok.

is it more obvious?
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

snoopy wrote:
Someone else wrote here that in previous releases it was working. So I am confused.
Will you try to find some solution, or there is no way to do something with this? May I help you in some way?
I've tried. There is no way to distinguish them.Samsung use a custom API.
snoopy wrote: Dialler started. Making search by typing 7387 (searching for "petr"). The filtered list is displayed. This list is longer than the screen. You slide somewhere lower. You see what you where searching for. You stop sliding the screen. The screen does not stop in the appropriate position but it is rewind to the top of the list.

!!! more info !!!
The list (search result) show appropriate "call members" records and than appropriate "contacts". The problem described above happen only if the "call members" part of list is longer than screen. If the "call members" part is shorter than screen and the "contacts" part is long, everything is ok.

is it more obvious?
Thank you, I understand.
This is because the call records changed.
Leading to reload the list.
I will try to solve this problem.