Organisation Name [Work] missing from Organisation List

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

Organisation Name [Work] missing from Organisation List

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,

I use DWC+P for work. I have many different customers and contacts, with various different detail types.

For example, I have a a Contact who is a Contract Maintenance Engineer. He has his own business, and contracts to several others.

I have listed him under his own Organisation (Company) Name as [Work] and put one of the Organisations he contracts to in another Organisation field with a Custom Label: [Contracts to].

However, DW-P mixes these up, so I can't find this contact where I'd expect to.

To explain, in my Contacts and Recent Calls/Phone list, it shows the Contact, his phone numbers below, with Organisation, Title and Group (displayed with colour highlighting), below that. It lists his own Company Name for Organisation. Okay, seems reasonable, though it would actually be much better if it treated Multiple Organisations in the same way as it treats Multiple Phone Numbers (though I guess Swyping might be tricky..)

However, the problem is that DWC doesn't list this contact under his own Company Name in the Organisations list. His Company Name is not listed.

It actually lists him under the 'Contracts to' Organisation in the Organisations list, instead.

Stranger still, I have another Contact who is in exactly the same situation. He has his own Company (Co.A) but works out of the premises of another company (Co.B), which he also contracts to. I also have another, different contact for that Company (Co.B) who is an employee of that company (Co.B). I hope you can follow that! :D

In that case, both Companies are listed in the Organisation List, (though it shows Co.B as having only one contact). But when I go to Co.B, both contacts are listed. This is a great feature, though it might be better if the correct number of contacts was shown.

However, not having the Contact (first example) listed under his own Company is a bit of a problem. I don't know why this is happening, but can it be fixed, please?

I'm guessing that one of the Organisations is the "Default" and that Org is the one that is listed by Default in the Organisations list, and that the only way to get the other Organisation listed there is for it to be listed under a separate contact as the "Default" organisation. Problem is, I can't see to tell which is the Default Org., nor how to change it. Can something be added? And would it be possible to have a new option: List all Organisations or List only Default Organisations?

Best regards,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Organisation Name [Work] missing from Organisation List

Post by dwp »

AlCan wrote:I have listed him under his own Organisation (Company) Name as [Work] and put one of the Organisations he contracts to in another Organisation field with a Custom Label: [Contracts to].

Hello
If you are using a custom field. DWC will not understand the data for the organization. There is no way to identify the categories of data.
If not, what method you use to add the two organizations field as a contact?
Thank you!
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,
dwp wrote: what method you use to add the two organizations field as a contact?
I'm using the Standard features of Android 2.2. Nothing clever or fancy, just standard. Replicate as follows:

Using the Stock Contact Editor (Or CE Pro), go to any contact in your list.

Scroll down to the Organizations data block. Click the [+] sign next to it.

Add the details for the first Organisation...

Now, click the Organisation [+] symbol again to add another Organization...

Repeat for as many Organizations as you like. SAVE!

Now, look for which Organisation is listed in the Organizations Tab.

Hope you get the same thing I do!

Cheers,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Thank you!
I saw the can in Android 2.2.
I used to test using the Android 4.0.
I will do the test.