V2.2.3 - Bug in Search Tab Results view

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

V2.2.3 - Bug in Search Tab Results view

Post by AlCan »

Hi Dwp,

Looking at the description in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2618, I found a different bug in my Search Tab.

When I search using the Search Tab, the results are displayed incorrectly on my phone.

I get the Contact name on the first line as normal.

On the second line, in Bold, I get either the Contact name again, or, depending on what data is associated with the contact, the Contact Address, or the Organisation name.

The 3rd line is normal as before.

I went into Settings > Detail view settings > Search view settings > Items to show.

"Numbers" was unchecked. I tapped it to enable numbers, and went back to the Search tab. Same problem.

I went back to Settings > Detail view settings > Search view settings > Items to show.

"Numbers" was unchecked again. I turned it back on, and went out (back), and then in to "Items to show" again. "Numbers" was still enabled.

I tried the Search tab again. Still the same, not right.

Back to "Items to show" - Numbers is Off again.

Obviously, some bug there!

Also, on a related point, I notice that some of the buttons have been changed around, so Cancel is on the Left now (E.g. the Dialer confirmation pop-up). I prefer it that way, even though Android mostly does it the other way. However, DWP is not consistent, as in the Tab details view Save or Cancel. Can it be all the same way around please?

Many thanks for a great app!

Cheers,
Al
Last edited by AlCan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
AlCan

Re: V2.2.3 - Bug in Search Tab Results view

Post by AlCan »

P.S.

I noticed something else about the bug, above.

When there is no Search data entered, it just displays the whole Contact list, but the middle (second) line of each Contact is always blank.

Then, as I type in search terms, the found (search result) data gets displayed in the second line, with the relevant characters highlighted. That's why there are different data types, from one contact to another...

And "Numbers" always gets turned off again.

Regards,
A
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)