Group VIP Ringtone volume

Moderators: dwp, devin

jazzylm

Group VIP Ringtone volume

Post by jazzylm »

I have an HTC MyTouch 4G (TMobile).

I have a brain injury that limits my memory but I seem to remember that I had my family set up in a group. Within that group, I was able to set a ringtone different from everyone else on my contact list. I also have a memory that there was a setting that will override the ringtone volume and ring the phone at full volume when my family calls. This is important to me because of my brain injury, my sleep patterns are screwed up. When I'm asleep, I don't like the phone waking me. I also don't want to miss any calls from my family.

Am I imagining this? I noticed in one of the updates that the display changed when editing a contact. I think the VIP option disappeared.
AlCan

Re: Group VIP Ringtone volume

Post by AlCan »

Hi jazzylm,

I'm just a fellow user of DWP, not an expert on every feature, but I'll help where I can.

Yes, there is an option to set a different ring for every member in a Group - though I don't know about a VIP option. Devin / DWP will be able to answer that. I'm also not sure how to make it ring at full volume and would like to know that myself.

I guess the Group for your Family members is still there? On the normal DWP screen (as it is when you first open it), tap the Groups tab icon, which is the one that shows one "person" behind another. If you scroll to the Family Group, then Long Tap (Tap and Hold the group), you'll get the options list. Near the bottom (2nd to last) on the options list is the "Set ringtone for group" option. You can set the ringtone there - though I don't know how to set the Ring Volume for the group.

Possibly, you read the posts discussing VIP groups, and followed that approach? Do these posts jog your memory?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2536&p=3878&hilit=VIP#p3878

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2325&p=3240&hilit=VIP#p3240

You'll see it mentions VIP Groups, though I think these are simply groups that the users created.

Any help?

Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

P.S.

Yes, a new View Contact sub-screen has been added to DWP. You may be seeing this instead of what you are used to.

I don't know your phone or how it used to work, but to Edit a contact, Long Tap on it. But if you have set the Default Contact Viewer to the DWP one, you will always get that now, unless you reset DWP back to system Defaults. See here for more:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2615&p=4259&hilit=d ... ewer#p4259

Cheers,
A
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi AICan
Thank you!

Sorry jazzylm
There is no volume options. DWC can not get permissions to modify the volume of the system.
jazzylm

Post by jazzylm »

I didn't see these responses until right now. Sorry I didn't respond.

I think the VIP Ringer was an option of the contact list that came with the phone. I was never able to edit that option from DWP. I had to use the other contact manager. I believe it was updated and the VIP option disappeared.

Thanks for the help.