Hidden Contact Groups - Not Hidden in Organizations list

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

Hidden Contact Groups - Not Hidden in Organizations list

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,

I am trying to better organise my contacts.

Using the Stock Android contact system, it is possible to Hide Groups of contacts.

DWP obeys this protocol very nicely as far as Contacts are concerned. It doesn't list or find the hidden Contacts in the normal Contacts list. [But if I Search for them in the hidden group, they are listed, as you'd want. They are also shown in the calls log (if they have (been) called). All Good - don't change these things!]

But, if those contacts are assigned an Organisation (even one that only they belong to), that Organisation appears in the normal Organisations list. I don't think it should, and I certainly don't want it to. That's the whole point of what I am trying to do. I am trying to get rid of these contacts from my Organisations list. I don't really mind if they are listed in the normal contacts list, but I definitely don't want them listed under Organisation, if they are hidden. (I expect that I will not have some contacts in the same Organisation that are hidden and some that are not, but if some are NOT hidden, then I would expect their Organisation to be listed, but not otherwise.)

Can you fix that, please (so that the Organisation is not listed in the Org's list for hidden Contacts - only for Non-Hidden contacts)? Actually, I suppose it could be another option added to the Organisation Long Tap Menu - "Hide organization" - but I guess you don't want yet another option on that list?

Of course, DW Contacts is still by far the BEST Android contact system out there! Please, keep up the good work.

Cheers,
A
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Hidden Contact Groups - Not Hidden in Organizations list

Post by dwp »

Hello A
Thank you for your suggestions.
I will try to solve this problem.