firewall call filter doesn't work during call

Moderators: dwp, devin

snoopy

firewall call filter doesn't work during call

Post by snoopy »

Hi,
I have a call filter which intercepts the calls from numbers not in my address-book.
It work's if I am not calling. The phone shows the message "intercepted call ..." and the call is refused.
But it doesn't work during the call. If I am talking with some friend, the second incoming call from unknown number is not refused.
It looks like that the firewall works only, if there is no call in progress :-(

by the way, i were able to find intercepted calls in the call log before, but from some upgrade i am able to find intercepted calls only in system call application. So they are in call log database, but not shown by DW. Is it possible to make some setting to view them! It would be nice to display only calls that where refused by firewall.
dwp
Site Admin

Re: firewall call filter doesn't work during call

Post by dwp »

Hello
Yes, when you are on a call DWC does not intercept calls.
In previous versions, it works. However, users reflect intercept calls will lead to an ongoing call to hang up.
"Android" not provide an API to correspond.
Therefore, this function is canceled.
Distinguishing intercepted calls.
Rightmost button in the bottom of the phone records, phone records can be filtered to show only intercepted calls.
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

dwp wrote: Yes, when you are on a call DWC does not intercept calls.
In previous versions, it works. However, users reflect intercept calls will lead to an ongoing call to hang up.
I think the call filter should work all the time, even if I have a call.
For example I am using it, when I am not at work. I have cancelled calls redirected to my college (operator function), so if I am not at work I set the call filter to intercept all customers. If I am not calling, everything is ok, friends are able to call me, but the customers are intercepted and redirected to my college. But if I have a call with a friend when the customer is trying to call, it doesn't work :-( When I finish my private call I have lost call from customer and have to solve it :-( (call back or let know my college).

I didn't understand if it is not possible, or if it was only disabled.
I would really appreciate if the call filter works all the time of it's activity.
dwp wrote: Distinguishing intercepted calls.
Rightmost button in the bottom of the phone records, phone records can be filtered to show only intercepted calls.
The list shows only calls that I have cancelled manually (and it shows SMS messages, I wrote in another thread, that I see entries which corresponds to incoming or outgoing SMS messages as cancelled calls).
But there are no entries of calls intercepted by call filter in the call log!
When I run the system "Phone" application, there are all calls. So if I compare the DW call log and Phone call log, the calls intercepted by DW call filter are missing in DW call log :(
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Well, maybe I can add an option to allow the user to select.The call records can help me do a test.
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

dwp wrote:Well, maybe I can add an option to allow the user to select.
It would be great :)

According to the call log, I have to say that I've made an actualization today, and the intercepted calls are shown again!
So it has to be a bug of the previous release only.
Sorry I didn't do the actualization before :?
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

OK, I will add the option in the new version.Off by default