Themes - Background title colour

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

Themes - Background title colour

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,

Since V2.2.4, the option: 'Settings > Themes > Background title colour' doesn't work. I can't change it from light grey. It just ignores my setting.

I have Restored all Defaults and it still doesn't work.

[Later]: Correction.
It works in two places that I have found - when displaying Automatic groups and when displaying 'Settings[Help] | Recent changes & About'. Doesn't seem to work anywhere else.
[/Later]

Could you have a look at that please?

By the way, the Message displayed when Restoring saved settings is missing the word "restored". It should say "... were restored successfully ..."

Also, could you perhaps add a UserCheck option to the 'Restore default settings' control. At present, just tapping the option does a Full Restore to Defaults without asking anything else. All the other options have a second step (Edit the path if required) [Ok] or [Cancel], which provides an "Are you Sure?" step, but there isn't one for Restore defaults - which, arguably, is the most "dangerous". When you have time, could you add a message box like: "Making settings Backups first is recommended. Restore all DWP settings to default now? [ OK ] or [Cancel]?

Best regards,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Themes - Background title colour

Post by dwp »

Hi AI
AlCan wrote:Hi DWP,

Since V2.2.4, the option: 'Settings > Themes > Background title colour' doesn't work. I can't change it from light grey. It just ignores my setting.
[
Thank you found to the problem.Only work in Android3.0 over.
AlCan wrote: By the way, the Message displayed when Restoring saved settings is missing the word "restored". It should say "... were restored successfully ..."

Also, could you perhaps add a UserCheck option to the 'Restore default settings' control. At present, just tapping the option does a Full Restore to Defaults without asking anything else. All the other options have a second step (Edit the path if required) [Ok] or [Cancel], which provides an "Are you Sure?" step, but there isn't one for Restore defaults - which, arguably, is the most "dangerous". When you have time, could you add a message box like: "Making settings Backups first is recommended. Restore all DWP settings to default now? [ OK ] or [Cancel]?

Best regards,
Al
OK Thanks!
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,
dwp wrote:Since V2.2.4, the option: 'Settings > Themes > Background title colour' doesn't work. I can't change it from light grey. It just ignores my setting.

Thank you found to the problem.Only work in Android3.0 over.
No problem! Can you fix it in 2.2? (I guess so, if some groups work, it must be possible for it to work everywhere? )

Regards,
Al
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi
I have to fix the error. Please wait for the update. Because it is not an emergency error. Update will be some delay. I collect other problems and add new features.
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,

Sorry - misunderstanding.

I meant can you fix it for Android 2.2 (as it works in Android 3)?

Of course, not urgent, just when you finish next release is fine.

Cheers,
A
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi AI
Yes, I have corrected it.If you prefer, you can try if it work?
http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
Thanks!
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi AlCan
AlCan wrote: By the way, the Message displayed when Restoring saved settings is missing the word "restored". It should say "... were restored successfully ..."
Do you mean to do such a modification.
OLD:Settings were successfully from the %s recovery.
NEW:Settings were restored successfully from the %s.
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,
dwp wrote:Yes, I have corrected it.If you prefer, you can try if it work?
Thanks. Installed, testing now. My Theme colours are all different now... Will let you know later if it works right. I guess there was a linkage issue?
dwp wrote: Do you mean to do such a modification.
NEW:Settings were restored successfully from the %s.
Yes, more or less. Adding "restored" was what I meant. But for good English, you should also take out "the".
"Settings were restored successfully from %s."
However, though this is correct English, it is probably more understandable (better) to say:
"Settings were successfully restored from %s."
though the English is not as strictly correct because it uses a split infinitive (as does my preceding sentence). However, it is very common today, and I would use it that way because it makes better sense.

Cheers,
Al
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,
AlCan wrote:Will let you know later if it works right. I guess there was a linkage issue?
Maybe Not! The test version is a Demo (Un-paid) version and I can't change theme colours.

But I can tell you it's not fixed. It's actually reversed now.

Before, it used to work in the Automatic groups but not others. Now it's the opposite, and doesn't work in Automatic groups.

It also doesn't now work in About or Recent changes.

As far as I can tell, it's also not working in the normal Tab screen header bars, which are still light grey, but I can't change anything to check.

Sorry about that...
Al
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi AI
Sorry, I forgot the need to register.You can send your serial number to me via message.
Thanks for your interpretation of the English.I will modify it.
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi Dwp,

Okay, thanks. Tried it.

With the Header Bar background colour, everything is now correct, except possibly one thing.

Let's say normal Tab Headers are Blue.

When I go to the Groups tab, the Header bar is Blue. This is as I would expect.

However, when I click on a named group, the Header Bar is the same colour as the Contact Group labels (= "Background color - groups"). Colour = Blue/Green (Aqua).

But when I click on an Automatic Group, say "Frequently contacted", the Header Bar is Blue again, like the normal Tab Headers. It's not the same (Aqua) colour as for the named groups.

So, normal Tabs, Header bars are all Blue. In all Automatic Groups, the Headers are also Blue. Named groups Headers are Aqua. Contact Group labels are always Aqua.

I'm not sure if this is how you intended. I guess all Groups lists should have the same colour headers, not some one colour and some another?

Also noticed a couple of other problems.

Since V2.2.4, the "Resides in memory" switch seems to play up. Sometimes, to keep in memory, need to turn Off. Not sure about the conditions. It's working normally again now (I think), but for a while, it was opposite.

Also, with the Test version installed, after finishing a call - Made or Received - the phone Home Screen stays black. Only the Android status bar is visible. Everything else is Black. I have to press the Home button to get the screen to come back. This now happens with either version - both are currently installed - but the problem went away when I removed the Test version. Now I have reinstalled it, the problem is back. Is this because there are two version installed?

Is there any other problem with the Test version, or can I just leave it on and remove V2.2.4.1?

Of course, it's still great software, and only getting better and better! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Al
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi AI
Sorry, I did not see your reply.
In the color of the title bar of the group automatically contains fault.Thank you!