Call Statistics

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

Call Statistics

Post by AlCan »

Hi again DWP,

The new Call Statistics tab looks Great! Many Thanks!

Well Done that you included (I think) the "rounded up" Minute totals also! Great Work!

This will be great to see if my Telco is charging my call times correctly! Though I haven't really had much time to test it out yet.

I know it's the first release so there are bound to be a few bugs...

I found a couple!

When setting the "Free monthly talk time" option, the keyboard entry mode doesn't work properly. The keyboard appears when you tap on the number, and when you type a value in, it is transferred to the number box (only if you tap [Done], not if you tap 'Return'), but it doesn't get saved into the Settings. It gets ignored. This is a problem if your plan includes 300 free minutes. However, for anyone interested, there is a way around this. Enter 299 on the keypad, then press the [ + ] to give 300. Then click [OK]!

The same thing applies to the "Start day of the billing cycle" setting.

Also, I see another problem with the Billing cycle setting. I changed my setting to the correct value, but when I look at the stat's, it shows the billing cycle from the correct start date, but ending Today!

I like the fact that the number of Free minutes is shown in the Settings list below the setting description. Could you add that to the the Start day setting, please?

Also, I like the amount of data the new screen shows, but the font is very small on my phone. Could you make it bigger (or give us an option to increase it), by allowing the screen to be scrolled up and down.

I think there would be enough room if you just changed the layout a little.

There is a lot of space between the whole minutes column and the h:m:s column. I think this is due to the width of the column titles.

I suspect people who don't understand about the Telco rounding scheme will also get confused when they see that the Minutes values are NOT the same as h:m:s values. Maybe you can reduce that by using different descriptions? How about "Call.Min" instead of "Duration (Minute)", as Call.Min also suggests it's a different thing and may avoid some questions. And it's only 8 characters, same as Duration. Alternatively, "Cost.Min" might be better still. People might understand that better.

Anyway, if you use the extra available column space, you can make the digits bigger and easier to read!

Otherwise, it's a great addition! (Though I'm now thinking, because it's really so complex, it might be better as a separate app!?)

Thanks again.
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Call Statistics

Post by dwp »

Hi AlCan
Thank you for your suggestion.
AlCan wrote:
When setting the "Free monthly talk time" option, the keyboard entry mode doesn't work properly. The keyboard appears when you tap on the number, and when you type a value in, it is transferred to the number box (only if you tap [Done], not if you tap 'Return'), but it doesn't get saved into the Settings. It gets ignored. This is a problem if your plan includes 300 free minutes. However, for anyone interested, there is a way around this. Enter 299 on the keypad, then press the [ + ] to give 300. Then click [OK]!
This is a failure of the system-provided android.widget.NumberPicker.
Hope the new version Andrid can solve this problem.
AlCan wrote:
Also, I see another problem with the Billing cycle setting. I changed my setting to the correct value, but when I look at the stat's, it shows the billing cycle from the correct start date, but ending Today!
I like the fact that the number of Free minutes is shown in the Settings list below the setting description. Could you add that to the the Start day setting, please?
OK Thanks!
device-2012-10-10-144528.png
device-2012-10-10-144528.png (87.09 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
I increase the font size.
AlCan wrote:
Otherwise, it's a great addition! (Though I'm now thinking, because it's really so complex, it might be better as a separate app!?)

Thanks again.
Al
Thank you, I think DWC is split into a number of small applications are a good suggestion.
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi dwp,

Wow. So fast!

Yes, that looks much better.
dwp wrote:This is a failure of the system-provided android.widget.NumberPicker.
Interesting. I'm running Motorola Stock Android 2.2.2. But this problem does not happen in the NumberPicker for setting the (Stock) Alarm time. I wonder if they use a different picker?
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello AI
Sorry, I have solved the problem.
Thanks!