Contact Number Swipe control bugs

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

Contact Number Swipe control bugs

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,

As per the title...

V2.5.3.0-pro on Android 2.2.2. (I gave up on 4.1.2, just doesn't work well enough, annoys me a lot...)

When I un-check the Control in Settings > Phone > Enable sliding action, the sliding dial action still works, and the slide to rotate numbers still doesn't.

I've tried restarting DWP and rebooting the phone but it just doesn't seem to work. The slide to dial function is always active.

However, I have to say, I much prefer the new slide right and up or down to open the contacts phone number list. This is a big improvement over the previous implementation which I didn't like at all. It could possibly be further improved by including the contact name at the top of the number overlay, since it doesn't always align to the contact in question - if say, the Contact is near the top of the screen and you open a long list by sliding up, the list will not "point" to the relevant contact.

I've also found another effect, which I'm not sure is as intended? If I slide right then up/down to open the number list, then long tap a number, I get a new menu. Mine has four items:

* Default SIM card [showing a SIM card icon]
* Phone [showing the stock dialer icon]
* Phone(Don't set as default) [showing a SIM card icon, same as (1)...]
I don't understand what the 1st and 3rd of these really mean, but when I tried 3, Phone(Don't set as default), it "crashed" DWP - (Force close / Report), except that DWP didn't close. Anyway, when I tried it again, it did the same thing, so there's definitely a problem there somewhere. I didn't test the other options after that!

Could you have a look at that, and also look into why the slide to dial / slide to rotate numbers control isn't working, please?

Best regards,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Contact Number Swipe control bugs

Post by dwp »

Hi AI
AlCan wrote: When I un-check the Control in Settings > Phone > Enable sliding action, the sliding dial action still works, and the slide to rotate numbers still doesn't.
This contains two options for different views.
Settings > Phone > Enable sliding action
Settings > Detail view settings > Contacts > Enable sliding action
AlCan wrote:
* Default SIM card [showing a SIM card icon]
* Phone [showing the stock dialer icon]
* Phone(Don't set as default) [showing a SIM card icon, same as (1)...]
These features are ready to multi-SIM card mobile phones. I'll check seems to have trouble in the low version of the android system.
Thank you!
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi again DWP,
dwp wrote:This contains two options for different views.
Settings > Phone > Enable sliding action
Settings > Detail view settings > Contacts > Enable sliding action
Thanks for that. I didn't realise there was a second control. However, both controls have exactly the same wording:

Enable sliding action
Enable sliding dial etc. You can turn it
off in order to use slide switch
numbers.

so I don't understand what the "other" one does. They both have to be Off to revert to slide number switch. Does there need to be a second one under Detail view settings?
dwp wrote: These features are ready to multi-SIM card mobile phones. I'll check seems to have trouble in the low version of the android system.
Thank you!
Great, thanks!

Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
I think in a different location settings related to its parent. This is easy to understand. It seems that this needs to change.