Recent Calls List - Icons and Colours

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

Recent Calls List - Icons and Colours

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,

I noticed the new History view settings in 2.5.3.0.

However, it's not working properly. I don't know what's wrong as it seems to behave randomly and I haven't yet worked out a pattern.

I guess it's supposed to show outgoing calls that were not answered - though I don't know why this feature is needed, because outgoing calls with a duration of 00:00 are, apparently, unanswered. Isn't that what it uses to determine unanswered calls?

I have restarted DWC and also rebooted my phone. The problems are still there. They are:

1. The icons (incoming, outgoing, voicemail or blocked) are no longer displayed for many calls in the All Calls mode. This is a major annoyance, as I have no interest in the coloured text feature and will set all Recent Calls fonts back to black as soon as I have completed this post. I use my phone all day, every day for work, and a lot of that time is in the car where it is already hard to see numbers and details. Adding colours only makes the problem much worse. Either, the colour is too light and I can't read it clearly, or the colour is too dark to tell what colour it is. Black is the best. But now, the call direction icons mostly do not appear, so I can't tell what the calls were, without having to select one of the filters. That hides the sequence of calls so is not that helpful.

If a filter is applied, some contacts then have a Call Type icon, but others do not. I can't see why.

2. The colours are incorrect. For example, this morning, I made a successful outgoing call, of 02:46 duration. Next, I received (and answered) a call of 00:47 duration. Both these calls have no Call Type icon, and are shown in Blue font. Blue is currently set for Unanswered Outgoing calls
On Sunday, I had two missed calls. These are shown in Red font, but have no Missed call icons.
Strangely, after playing around with different filters and going back to the All Calls list, the calls were the correct colours. However, after a Screen Timeout, the colours are wrong again, but this time, only for one of this morning's calls that were wrong before. But now, other calls are wrong. On Saturday, I made an unanswered call, and then that person called me back. Now, both calls are showing in Blue with no Icon. This is also incorrect.

A little later, both these contacts have gone back to Blue with no icons. It's very strange, as if it takes a long time to change. Oh, it's very weird. If I now select the Blocked calls filter, I get one contact showing as Blocked with the Red Crossed Circle icon, and three other contacts in Blue with no icons. Now, after changing filters then going back to Blocked calls, all four are Blue with no icons.

I'm not bothered by the call colours option so long as I can turn it off, but can I have the Call Type icons back, please?

As a suggestion, maybe there could be a new icon for unanswered outgoing calls? How about the same Green icon as the outgoing call, but with the arrowhead slipped to halfway along the diagonal, to show Outgoing but not completed?

Of course, DWP is still the Best, but could you fix this problem for me please?

Cheers,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
AlCan

Re: Recent Calls List - Icons and Colours

Post by AlCan »

A little bit later....

After switching Recent Calls filters back and forth, now, ALL my Incoming, Outgoing and Blocked calls show as Blue with No icons, whether displayed with All Calls, Outgoing, Incoming or Blocked filters.

Only missed calls show as Red.

There are no calls in Black any more. And there are NO Call Type icons displayed at all.

It seems to be some kind of cumulative error, if that helps. The more I switch filters, the worse it gets...

Restarting DWP brings back some Black contacts and some outgoing calls icons.

Hope this helps...

Al
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Strange fault. I'll check. Try to restore the default settings.
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi DWP,

Ok, thanks. I tried that. If I return all settings back to default, the problem seems to go away.

However, if I restore any of my All Settings Backup files - even back to October 2012 - the fault recurs.

Therefore I conclude that the problem has been introduced by the recent changes. I guess this means that other existing DWP users will also encounter this problem. I'm wondering if it is possible to tell me whether you think the problem setting(s) are in the Themes Backup file or in the All Settings file?

Cheers,
Al
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Further to my last post...

I restored the Default settings, then saved the Default Theme settings to backup.

I then restored my latest All Settings, then restored the Default Theme settings backup, meaning I have my settings but the Default Theme settings.

The problem is very obviously still there, which proves the problem is not in the Themes data but lies with one of my existing historical settings, which is apparently not compatible with the new version.

If I find out more I'll let you know!

Regards,
Al
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello, ai. I now travel. In the end after a few days. I will detail's check it.