Dial Codes don't work

Moderators: dwp, devin

gbcox

Dial Codes don't work

Post by gbcox »

Hello,
I'm trying to enter dial codes on the dialer... i.e.

*#*#CHECKIN*#*#

and I then get a recorded message that the phone number is invalid...

This works fine if I use the stock dialer.
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Dial Codes don't work

Post by dwp »

Hello, may I ask what this code represents functionality. Dwc simply send the number to the system api. I tested it on my phone in dwc and stock dialer. Are shown to not support USSD code.
gbcox

Post by gbcox »

I have a Google Galaxy Nexus phone. That code contacts Google to check to see if updates are available for the phone... (i.e. it does a check in). It works fine on my phone from the stock dialer, when I enter the code I receive a message saying: Checkin succeeded. When I do this from the DW dialer it tries to make a voice call and I get a message from T-Mobile saying the number I'm trying to dial is incorrect.
gbcox

Post by gbcox »

More information, when I use the stock dialer, at the end of the string the phone automatically executes the code... with DW Dialer it just sits there... if I press call, that is when I get the error message. The difference between the stock dialer and DW is that the stock dialer seems to know to execute the code, whereas DW does not.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
Check for system updates, etc. functions. It is "the stock dialer" to provide additional functionality. They are not included in the system API. DWC can not accomplish this task, sorry.