Show/Hide Groups Bugs

Moderators: dwp, devin

WiseOWl

Show/Hide Groups Bugs

Post by WiseOWl »

Bug #1. Groups are shown in the Show/Hide list for accounts that have not been included in the 'Account Filter' in Settings.

Bug #2. Setting certain Groups to be hidden has no effect (either by the Show/Hide Group function or the Edit Group function) - they still appear on the Groups Tab and in the Sidebar
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Show/Hide Groups Bugs

Post by dwp »

Hello
Thank you for your feedback, I found that to find fault in Bug2
I'm sorry I did not understand Bug1
WiseOWl

Post by WiseOWl »

Hi,

Bug #1
In the 'Account data' section of 'Settings', I have left one of my Google Accounts unselected. Yet in the 'Sort & Hide' options, the groups that are in that unselected Google account are shown.
WiseOWl

Post by WiseOWl »

An example of Bug #1 - In the 'Account Filter' within 'Settings', the only accounts that are checked are 3 out of 4 Google accounts. 1 Google account and my Skype account are unchecked as I do not want to see these contacts. However, in the Show/Hide list, the groups for this unchecked Google account and my Skype account are shown.

I've also noticed that groups are listed with names like 'Coworkers', 'Friends' that I don't know where they come from and they haven't any contacts therein. It would be nice to have an option not to see groups with no contacts in the 'Show/Hide' list.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

WiseOWl wrote:An example of Bug #1 - In the 'Account Filter' within 'Settings', the only accounts that are checked are 3 out of 4 Google accounts. 1 Google account and my Skype account are unchecked as I do not want to see these contacts. However, in the Show/Hide list, the groups for this unchecked Google account and my Skype account are shown.
Thank you, I understand. I've adjusted. Let account filtering, applied to the group list. Even though the group did not choose to hide will hide, because the account filtering.
I've also noticed that groups are listed with names like 'Coworkers', 'Friends' that I don't know where they come from and they haven't any contacts therein. It would be nice to have an option not to see groups with no contacts in the 'Show/Hide' list.
They're a Gmail created group. If you do not display a contact group number is 0. You will not be able to modify and delete it.

I have uploaded a new file to http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
If possible, please try if it works?
Thanks!