Ungrouped Contacts Group.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

Ungrouped Contacts Group.

Post by pollensa1946 »

My "Ungrouped Contacts" Group shows a count of (1). On opening the group it shows "No items to display".
devin

Re: Ungrouped Contacts Group.

Post by devin »

Hello
Sorry! I do not know why.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

SOLVED:
Using PC Chrome I was able to identify one contact that was not in a group. This is a contact for which I have no phone number, only a home address and email address. So the bug is that when...
(1) there is no phone number
(2) and the contact is not in a group
...then "Ungrouped Contacts" shows the contact in the count but not in the display of ungrouped contacts.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
I have a lot of contacts, there is no number. But it works fine, strange.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

I just tested this with several contacts and discovered that this problem is a little more complex than I thought.
I tested by removing Contacts from Groups using the long-press group option "Remove contacts from group"and the count duly appeared alongside the "Ungrouped Contacts" group but when opening that group I got "No entries to display". This happened regardless of whether the contact removed from a group has a phone number or not, so not having a phone number is not the cause of the problem. I then long-pressed the contact in the Contacts display and selected "Set group for contact" and was surprised to see that the Group from which I had removed that contact was still ticked. So I unticked that group and went to the "Ungrouped Contacts" group, the count was still the same as before but the contact was now correctly listed when I opened that group.
I then added a completely new test contact to my contact list and did not assign it a group, this contact was correctly listed in the "Ungrouped Contacts", the count showed as (1) and the contact was correctly displayed when I opened the group.
So the problem seems to be related to the contact option "Set group for contact" showing that a contact belongs to a group when the list of that group does not contain that contact because it has been removed using the long-press group option "Remove contacts from group". The two lists appear to get out of sync.
devin

Post by devin »

I can not reproduce the fault on my phone. By creating a new contact can reproduce the error on your phone? Is it because of special contacts?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

devin wrote:...By creating a new contact can reproduce the error on your phone?
No.
I created a new contact "A Test" and a new group "Test".
I then added the new contact to the new group. Everything looked OK.
I then removed the contact "A Test" from the group "Test", and again everything looked OK.
I deleted both the contact and the group and everything looked OK.
I cleared the app cache.
I then went through the test described in post #5 above. That is, I removed an existing contact from an existing group. Again everything looked OK

So the only conclusion is that somewhere during various releases something got messed up and either your most recent release, or clearing the cache, made it OK.

Thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
These statistics are not cached. Data from the contact database. Failure is not because the cache. I think it is because there has been some kind of mistake contacts database as old data.