Calling works on 2nd or 3rd attempt only

Moderators: dwp, devin

frankp

Calling works on 2nd or 3rd attempt only

Post by frankp »

Dialling a number directly or by pressing the appropriate contact detail doesn't work immediately. I have to repeat the procedure 1 or 2 times before a real connection is made.
It looks like the phone is doing something but it immediately hangs up in the failed tries.
Calls are working from any other dialer directly(I tried Cyanogenmod default and Rocket dialer).
I have a Galaxy S2 with Cyanogenmod 11 (Kitkat). To me it seems that this might occur since the upgrade but I'm not sure. Calling was working with CM10.1.3 on my Galaxy i9100 and with a prior version of DW contacts (actually I have 2.7.1.1-pro).
devin

Re: Calling works on 2nd or 3rd attempt only

Post by devin »

Hello
You mean in the contact details, click a number. Need a few clicks to appear dialing view.
Enter the number that dial Phone TAB, it can respond immediately?

Is it because the "Dial in view" does not appear immediately? Try contact details, click on a number and wait a few seconds. This can determine whether or click invalid response delay.
frankp

Post by frankp »

Hi,

no, it is really the failing dial attempt.
I reproduce the problem with the dial pad:
- open dial pad
- type in number
- press creen button to dial this number
- screen turns black - I guess this step hands over the dialling to the phone (eg radio...)
- in-call widget opens
- Now it happens: the dial pad comes back, in-call qidget stays open, no connection is made.

This is the same when I call someone from the call history or a contact.
When I do this 2 or 3 times quickly after each other the call is really build up.

What worries me is that other dialer apps can hand over the call request to my phone and the phone makes the connection with all the stuff that is necessary.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Common sense should be a system failure. DWC just send a number to the system. Then the system starts dialing. Black screen should be "dial-in system interface" to start the process. can you read the system log?
frankp

Post by frankp »

Hello,

Might be a system thing - but still 2 other dialers work on 1st call attemp.

I generated and attached the logcat with level verbose for 2 consecutive dial attempts - 1st failed, 2nd worked fine.
1st attempt fails in line 70 (10-17 08:08:58.460) with call number "null".
2nd attempt worked in line 150 (10-17 08:09:06.635).
I replaced the called number to 09999992345 in the log - thats the only change I made.
Attachments
logcat2014-10-17-08-11-46.zip
zipped verbose logcat for 2 dial attemps
(10.45 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
DWC has been successfully transmitted dialing request.
The system after receiving the request, sends:
android.intent.action.NEW_OUTGOING_CALL
Notify other program has a new dial-up request.
Then other applications can cancel the dialing request.

There seems to be an application to terminate the call. DWC provide "dial confirm" on the use of such methods.
Do you use dial confirm?