EVENTS list bug.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

EVENTS list bug.

Post by pollensa1946 »

There is a bug in the list which shows ALL EVENTS for ALL CONTACTS.
Where there is MORE THAN 1 EVENT for the SAME CONTACT on the SAME DAY then only the first event is listed. Example...

CONTACT DETAILS/EVENTS TAB...

CONTACT A
EVENT1 1 Jan 2015
EVENT2 1 Jan 2015

CONTACT B
EVENT3 1 Feb 2015
EVENT4 1 Feb 2015

...these events will be displayed correctly in the CONTACT DETAILS/EVENTS TAB for the two contacts. However, in the ALL EVENTS list invoked from CONTACT LIST the events are shown thus...

EVENT1 1 Jan 2015 CONTACT A
EVENT3 1 Feb 2015 CONTACT B

...the other events on the same day have disappeared.
devin

Re: EVENTS list bug.

Post by devin »

Hello
It is designed so that, for example: a merging of contacts. It comes from multiple accounts. Have the same event in the plurality of accounts. If we have shown that it leads to a list of a lot of duplicate items.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Yes I understand that where the same contact appears in multiple accounts that would result in multiple entries of the same event. However, all my contacts are on one account only. The contacts are maintained on a single central account on PC Chrome and then that account is sync'd to multiple devices for several people. The actual contacts display is determined on each device by the contact display filter option setting. It all works very well, except the EVENTS list. I have a number of contacts where I wish to enter several events on the same day for that contact. The present design makes the EVENTS list almost useless for me.
I hope you can fix this.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
But other users and your situation may be different. Maybe they use Facebook and other accounts. This leads to a large number of duplicate entries.
In your case with a contact has more than one event a day. These events should have different labels. I think we can use it to distinguish between different events.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

devin wrote:...These events should have different labels...
Exactly, my events have different names, often custom names.

OK, I have worked out a solution which satisfies me...

My multiple events on the same date all have different (sometimes custom) names. Example... I have a contact who got married on his birthday so I have two events against that contact for the same date.... 1) Birthday... 2) Anniversary. Only Birthday shows up on the list. This is a simple example which could be fixed by me changing such events to a single event of name "Birthday & Anniversary".
Multiple meetings with contacts on the same date, these linked to the calendar. Example... 1) Meeting with A at 10:00... 2) Meeting with A at 14:00. Only the 10:00 meeting shows up. Created as a single event... "Two meetings with A at 10:00 and 14:00"... I can then link that event to the calendar... "Add event to calendar"... twice. Entering different times for each.
This solution fixes it for me. However, in the longer term I think it would be better that two events on the same day and having unique names are properly displayed.

Thanks for your input on this.
devin

Post by devin »

I have to fix it, even though all the custom Label, I will judge whether the same custom Lable.