HD Voice Calls Not Showing Up in DW Call Log

Moderators: dwp, devin

RebLBrown

HD Voice Calls Not Showing Up in DW Call Log

Post by RebLBrown »

Answered incoming and outgoing calls that use HD Voice are not being added to the DW call history. They do show up in the stock call log, but of course, that log only shows when the call started, not when it ended or its duration. If the call is missed or not answered by either me or the contact, it shows up appropriately in both logs. I'm on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.4.2. The person I talk to the most using HD Voice is also on Sprint, and since we talk multiple times per day, it's become very inconvenient not to have the call duration handy. That feature was my primary reason for switching to DW over two years ago. I really hope there's a fix or workaround for this glitch! Thank you for an otherwise wonderful and indispensable app.
devin

Re: HD Voice Calls Not Showing Up in DW Call Log

Post by devin »

Hello
You mean a missed call normal. But answered the call did not show.
RebLBrown

Post by RebLBrown »

That is correct.
RebLBrown

Post by RebLBrown »

Update: This issue continues to be an ongoing inconvenience. My beloved Note 2 just up and died a few days ago and I now have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Unfortunately, the same problem persists exactly as before. Does anyone have experience with this issue or any ideas about the cause or remedy? I would be grateful for any assistance.

Thank you,
Rebecca
devin

Post by devin »

Hello, thank you for the feedback, I'll check it out

HD Voice Calls.
What does it mean?
RebLBrown

Post by RebLBrown »

Thank you Devin. I really appreciate it. I just want you to know, too, that your app came through like a champ for me when I had to switch phones. Other than email messages themselves, I prefer not to sync any of my information, but I do back up both contacts and DW settings to Dropbox frequently. It was so easy to get DW back up and running quickly and I am grateful beyond words for all you do.
RebLBrown

Post by RebLBrown »

My apologies. At first I didn’t see the question you asked. HD Voice is also called Wideband Audio, and just as one would think from the name, it provides improved voice call quality. It has something to do with the range of the signal (Hz, maybe?) versus the range of normal human voices. In order for the improvements to be realized, the network (in this case Sprint) has to support the technology, and all parties on the call have to be using devices that are HD -capable. I see a little green HD icon on my call screen when it’s active and there is usually a noticeable difference in clarity.

As I said previously, the calls are logged correctly in the stock phone app, but they’re not showing in the DW log.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can provide to assist you in solving this.
devin

Post by devin »

Thank you like it.
Before other users reflect this problem. I found that by the standard Android API, I can not read these records.
Whether there are other third-party software can read them?
RebLBrown

Post by RebLBrown »

Devin,

I was in the process of taking screen shots to send you (stock device call log vs. DW call log) when I discovered that the calls are now showing up in DW! The following got a bit long, but you can skip to the last two paragraphs for my final conclusion. Here are the steps that led me to it:

1. When I first installed DW on my Note 2 in 2013, I was new to Android and didn’t realize that the wrong Google account (call it Acct1 for the purposes of this discussion) was active in Play Store when I purchased the app.

2. When I set up my groups in DW, some were tied to Acct1, but many were tied to the device alone and not synced to the account I had set up for my Note 2 (call it Acct2). My “frequent HD caller” was in one group tied to Acct1 but in two others that were on the local device only.

3. When I posted my request for assistance on 12/23, I had activated my new Note 5 but had not yet imported my contacts from the most recent DW backup, so my frequent HD caller was not part of any group.

4. On 12/26, I restored my contacts from the backup, and while I was checking them to make sure all was correct, I made sure all of the groups were consistently local to the device. I only got through a portion of the records, but my HD caller was one of them. I haven’t looked at the logs since then.

5. All of the log entries since the 12/19, the day I activated the new phone, now show up in DW.

6. Last night, while looking for the answer to an unrelated issue, I came across some information indicating that some users are having problems with the HD voice feature conflicting with Google Voice Calling.

Based on all of the above, it seems likely that, in order for HD Voice calls to show up in the DW call log, the contact has to be assigned to a user-defined group so it’s not part of the default group (My Contacts, if I remember correctly?) AND be local to the device (so it’s not a candidate for syncing with any Google account).

I will test this as best I can sometime over the next few days, but there’s only one contact that I talk to frequently enough to perform the test. If there’s anything else you think I need to check while I’m doing so, please let me know. Sorry for the long post.

Thank you,
Rebecca