"Open with Contacts" shown instead of displaying contact info

Moderators: dwp, devin

Lord_Nimrod

"Open with Contacts" shown instead of displaying contact info

Post by Lord_Nimrod »

Hello!

I love the App; definitely the best contact App.

For a while now I have the following problem:

Whenever I tap on a contact in the list, instead of showing me the contact's details (as it is set in the settings, which I never changed) I always see this dialog (see attachment) to decide, if I want to open the contact with DW or with Contacts (the built in default app). In this dialog I can set Contacts as the default, so that it won't ask me again, but I can't set DW to be the default, which is what I want.

I have a Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen. and this problem exists in Lollipop and in Marshmallow. I currently have version 2.9.9.2 of DW. Deleting all the app's data, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help.

My girlfriend has the same phone and uses DW as well; she doesn't encounter this problem and I once compared all our settings, to find the source of the issue, but couldn't find any differences.

The only work around I have found is disabling Contacts, but that is no good solution, as many other things won't work anymore (editing contacts, etc).

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this? It's very annoying to always get this useless dialog, where I'm only given the option to set the thing I don't want as default, while always choosing the other possibility...

Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_20160412_182325.jpg
IMG_20160412_182325.jpg (24.85 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
devin

Re: "Open with Contacts" shown instead of displaying contact info

Post by devin »

Hello
This is a failure of the system. Usually it can be solved by restarting the phone.
If not
Input ***044# to DW Dialpad.