Showing correct SIM Icon Samsung S5 Duos + Android 6

Moderators: dwp, devin

baba_metca

Showing correct SIM Icon Samsung S5 Duos + Android 6

Post by baba_metca »

Hello,
I have the Pro version on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos, and have been using this program for about an year now.
I have just updated to Android 6 and have this issue.
On the Phone tab, on the Dial button there is no SIM Icon displayed anymore for the contact. When I was using Android 5.0 there was a Sim icon depending on the last SIM used in the conversation with this contact. I have never been in the "Toolbox->Dual SIM card configuration" menu before this problem, so I do not remember my settings before updating to Android 6.

In other word I cannot see this thing on my phone anymore
As you can see there are two different icons in the Dial button representing the two different SIM cards used to call the different contacts. Those icons do not appear anymore.
Also this picture is from Google Play Store, not from my phone.

The problem is that you cannot see with which SIM you dialed a specific contact. Also most importantly You can not see on which SIM do you have a missed call. And probably the worst thing for me (As i know around 80% of my contacts on which SIM I have to call them) when there is a missed call from an unknown number. Then you do not know on which SIM they called so that yo can give them a call back from the correct SIM. I have to go to the Samsungs phone app, where everything is shawn as it should be, as it was on android 5.0 in the DW App. Then see the SIM Icon and make the call using the correct SIM.

What have I tried so far:
Uninstalling and installing the app -> no luck, same results.

"Toolbox->Dual SIM card configuration" Tab Call -> Enable dual -card support checked, History tab -> Show SIM card number checked:
This combo results in showing the default SIM card icon and when i press the Dial button it automatically selects this card to call. If I use the regular phone app and from there select the other SIM to call, then return to DW Phone it shows again the icon of the default SIM card. If I check History tab-> Swap SIM car number: it really swaps it. It starts to show SIM 2 and uses it to make calls.

"Toolbox->Dual SIM card configuration" Tab Call -> Enable dual -card support UNchecked, History tab -> Show SIM card number checked:
This shows the default SIM icon on the Dial button, but invokes the default SIM chooser when making a call. Thus you see SIM 1, but after You can choose SIM 2 and make the call, then again you see SIM 1 on the Dial button->confusing. When you have a missed call on SIM 2 it shows it in red (as usual) but it still shows SIM 1->and confuses that the call is missed on SIM 1, which is not true.

"Toolbox->Dual SIM card configuration" Tab Call -> Enable dual -card support UNchecked, History tab -> Show SIM card number UNchecked:
This results in no change, there is no SIM Icon shown in the Dial button on the phone Tab and is the same as if there is nothing enabled from the Dual SIM card conf. menu.

Also I have tried all the devices in the "Toolbox->Dual SIM card configuration-> Tab Call" with no luck. Still the same results.
I'm pretty sure that this thing happend because of the Android 6 update, before that there was no such problem.

The best scenario for me is the last call SIM icon for the contact shown in the Dial button. And choosing every time from which SIM to make the call. This was the previous default behavior on my phone with the Android 5.0 and it looks exactly the same as the picture above.

Thanks in advanced and i hope my post is understandable.
devin

Re: Showing correct SIM Icon Samsung S5 Duos + Android 6

Post by devin »

Hello there
Try this
1, using the system to provide the dialer, two SIM card to call two different numbers. So that they appear in the call log.
2. Click Toolbox-> Dual SIM card configuration -> History tab -> Retest Button
3, again using the system dialer, two SIM card to call two different numbers.
4, check DW call records two new call whether to display a different SIM card ID
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
I have uploaded a new file to http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
If possible, please try if it works?
Note that the beta version maybe not overwrite the original DWC contacts. You need to start it from another icon in the All Programs list.
Thank you!
wonder25.msk

Post by wonder25.msk »

I clear call history and saw that when it comes to incoming SMS, in the history list of DW contacts pro added a new element . This element place in the DW contact history list. SMS in this list is seen as a missed call -- incorrect extra records. But no one called me.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Thank you for your feedback, I'll fix as soon as possible.