[SOLVED] making Facebook contacts visible

Moderators: dwp, devin

camel

[SOLVED] making Facebook contacts visible

Post by camel »

ok, now we found a SOLUTION how facebook contacts can be shown in DW Contacts & Phone
(some user reported, that it does not always work with SNS facebook account type to get them accessable in DWC)

SOLUTION:
1.) therfore, please install app: "Friends Sync" (you will find it on google market)
2.) start ap and connect via your facebook account
3.) activate sync engine in: System settings -> "Accounts & Synchronisation" -> click on it and activate "Sync"

then you will have in DWC an "friendcast" account, which will be possible to use.

PLS: friendcast is dealing with facebook (short explainatioN: friendcast = facebook)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANOTHER APPS: ANOTHER SOLUTION IS:
first i would like to inform you, that contacts from facebook account are "restricted" !!!!!

Access to Facebook friends via the contacts provider is restricted to a
handful of system apps by the provider itself. Other applications cannot
read that data.

on my phone i have tried to find out, which is supported.

WORKING!
==========
i tried default system SNS account: facebook: where i can configure on system settings -> account & sync -> fabook
THIS ONE IS WORKING FINE FOR ME (it show all contacts, all pictures, all events).
so, you must configure the correct facebook account on your device to get it working.

not working (for me)
-------------------------
i tried application: "facebook for android", which also sync friends with contacts ... <<-- not supported on my phone
this application made a contact account called: "com.facebook.auth.login", which DOESN'T WORK FOR ME

There are other hundreds of social network account types, but we can not support them, if they are not wanting to use the pre-defined contact API, or like facebook, they don't want that other apps can access their social network.
if interesting,the internet is full of informations about "restricted facebook".

cu camel
pingel

Re: [SOLVED] making Facebook contacts visible

Post by pingel »

Friendscast did not work for me - however, there is another program called "Facebook Contact Sync" which did work for me.

Get it at Google Play.

You can set it to various contact image sizes and schedule updates at various intervals to get the latest images.
camel

Post by camel »

pingel wrote:Friendscast did not work for me - however, there is another program called "Facebook Contact Sync" which did work for me.

Get it at Google Play.

You can set it to various contact image sizes and schedule updates at various intervals to get the latest images.
cool, it is working.
hmm, but the events seems to be, that can't be handled correct, maybe they are having a problem there ...sad :(

cu camel
Kot

Post by Kot »

camel wrote:ok, now we found a SOLUTION how facebook contacts can be shown in DW Contacts & Phone
(some user reported, that it does not always work with SNS facebook account type to get them accessable in DWC)

SOLUTION:
1.) therfore, please install app: "friendscast" (you will find it on google market)
3.) activate sync engine in: System settings -> "Accounts & Synchronisation" -> click on it and activate "Sync"

then you will have in DWC an "friendcast" account, which will be possible to use.

PLS: friendcast is dealing with facebook (short explainatioN: friendcast = facebook)
Surprisingly this tip helped. My heartiest appreciations to the author.
I`v always used the basic facebook apps..
camel

Post by camel »

Kot wrote:
camel wrote:ok, now we found a SOLUTION how facebook contacts can be shown in DW Contacts & Phone

SOLUTION:
1.) therfore, please install app: "friendscast" (you will find it on google market)

Surprisingly this tip helped. My heartiest appreciations to the author.
I`v always used the basic facebook apps..
does it works also for events in DWC ? (seems to be, that something is wrong with the birthday db on this app)
Malversan

Post by Malversan »

The one that worked perfectly for me is "Friends Sync" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... c.facebook). It allows to get the Facebook contacts in the phone (all or only those that match with contacts already in the phone) with photo, birthday, gender, city, home town, status tagline, relationship, and some other personal preferences, along with a link to their Facebook page in the contact badge view. Resulting Facebook contacts in the phone can be used "as is" or merged with existing contacts in the phone, using either DWC or the stock contacts application.
giovannibgr

Post by giovannibgr »

Reviving this, because it seems to be not solved anymore.
As the UberSync app states:
***IMPORTANT***
Starting with Facebook API v2.0, the friend list returned by Facebook includes ONLY users that authorized this app.
That means it will only sync users that also use this app or if they manually authorized this app to read it's profile.
As everyone in the reviews state (and the app author himself admits it), this is not a working solution for most FB contacts.

My question is: a root application can access anything on the phone, right?
Can you make FB pictures (and other info, possibly) appear on rooted phones at least?
Or is there an application which makes these available in a similar way?