Several Issues with v2.06-pro

Moderators: dwp, devin

CrazyJumpinJack

Several Issues with v2.06-pro

Post by CrazyJumpinJack »

OUTSTANDING APPLICATION. Glad that I bought it (X's 2). You should charge more for it than all y'all do. :)

Just a few minor issues.

1. The Multi-Touch is not working. Background Services are enabled.
2. Any edit or save event returns me to the beginning of the screen at the "A's", and not at the screen where I was when I edited a name.
3. I can't find any location to enable this application as the default app for the Contacts Manager and Dial Manager.

Running on Motorola Atrix. Android 2.3.4

With regard to # 2: There is no problem with this on my wife's phone which is the same exact platform. However, same problems with #'s 1 and 3.

Questions: Seems to me that I should try and un-install and then re-install? If I do that, are the actual 400 plus contacts going to be saved (using the back-up and restore feature), and will ALL of my current settings be restored as they are now? I have spent hours getting the app to work the way I want to and if an un-install/re-install would compromise any of that, I can live the with above problems.

THANKS for any and all help.

CRAZY Jumpin Jack (Gregory)
Marietta, GA
US of A
camel

Re: Several Issues with v2.06-pro

Post by camel »

hi CrazyJumpinJack,
CrazyJumpinJack wrote:OUTSTANDING APPLICATION. Glad that I bought it (X's 2). You should charge more for it than all y'all do. :)
hehe, well, there are several kids, which would like to have it cheaper ...bzut this is normally a business app, and all of this functions shold be normally included in the stock android system, and to develop such kind of app ... anyhow ...
CrazyJumpinJack wrote: Just a few minor issues.
1. The Multi-Touch is not working. Background Services are enabled.
what do you mean with "Multi-Touch" ?
does your device support "multi-touch" ?
can you use multi-touch on your photo-app ? (resizing/zooming) ?

please look also to: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=519

or maybe you mean the "Quick-Jump" -> the "Quick-Jump" always working, excluding:
a) if a tab don't show contacts (tabs: phone, history, events, toolbox)
b) if contacts are not sorted by a name field (example: history is sorted by date desc)

"Quick-Jump" can started via:
1.) 2 finger press + resize from big distance to small distance -> like this: O-----> <------O
2.) menu-key -> "Quick-Jump"
CrazyJumpinJack wrote: 2. Any edit or save event returns me to the beginning of the screen at the "A's", and not at the screen where I was when I edited a name.
it is working fine, and never heard it before ...
maybe your device have no main memory left ? please check it - how much mem is free..
CrazyJumpinJack wrote: 3. I can't find any location to enable this application as the default app for the Contacts Manager and Dial Manager.
Running on Motorola Atrix. Android 2.3.4
which home app do you use ? do you have link to your dialer and contacts on your home screen ?
you can also create links in DWC -> toolbox -> long click on any item -> "create link on home"
or if you have real home app, which is using the default dialer and contacts app, then you have choosen "always use this app as default", then this is stored in your defaultdialer and contact app. and this can'T be handled by DWC. this must be done on your default dialer and contacts app.
but easier is - if your system get a new application, which can be used for standard dialer and contacts -> then you will get a select diaog, where you can select, which one should be used + also a extra option, where you can select to "set it as default".
the easiest way is: UNINSTALL DWC -and then INSTALL it again. (before uninstalling -> save all your DWC settings before)
saving settings -> see: DWC -> settings -> Backup & Restore -> Backup all settings
restoring settings -> see: DWC -> settings -> Backup & Restore -> Restore all settings
CrazyJumpinJack wrote: With regard to # 2: There is no problem with this on my wife's phone which is the same exact platform. However, same problems with #'s 1 and 3.
multi-touch - maybe your device doesn'T support "multi-touch" -> please check your device or your device settings ... or check via google search
DWC support it, if your device support it - and is device system related
Multi-touch: supporting multiple fingers on display for zooming pictures (in photo/picture apps)
CrazyJumpinJack wrote: Questions: Seems to me that I should try and un-install and then re-install? If I do that, are the actual 400 plus contacts going to be saved (using the back-up and restore feature), and will ALL of my current settings be restored as they are now? I have spent hours getting the app to work the way I want to and if an un-install/re-install would compromise any of that, I can live the with above problems.
THANKS for any and all help.
CRAZY Jumpin Jack (Gregory)
Marietta, GA
US of A
well, you can try uninstall and install again ... but for me it is looking like your phone have to many apps running in background, and there is no memory free, and so your system kill DWC on editing a contact or creating a appointment. and then it comes back and start DWC again.
because it is working fine and never heard that bugs before ..
try to install an app, where you can see your main memory ...maybe it is less, because to much running apps in background ...

cu camel
alsheppard

Post by alsheppard »

Where is this dialog box used to set DW dialer as the default? I have deleated and reinstalled the pro version twice and I still can't get anything to stop the stock dialer from popping up. I've removed it from my home screen and replaced it with DW dialer but the stock dialer pops up if I have to enter passwords or other on call entries.
camel

Post by camel »

alsheppard wrote:Where is this dialog box used to set DW dialer as the default? I have deleated and reinstalled the pro version twice and I still can't get anything to stop the stock dialer from popping up. I've removed it from my home screen and replaced it with DW dialer but the stock dialer pops up if I have to enter passwords or other on call entries.
hi ?
well, normally if you uninstall DWC and then reinstall then you will get the dialog box, where you can select DWC to be your default dialer.
and you can set the flag, to never ask again, and use always DWC.

before uninstall don'T foget to backup your settings in DWC. and after uninstall/install again,then you can load the settings
(see: settings -> backup & restore)

enter password ? wait, this i never heard about, amybe you have a SIM lock, which can'T only be unlocked by your stock dailer ?
try to disable SIM lock.
(the sim lock is not a good idea, if you loose your phone, then it is almost impossible to find your device !
therefore a better way is to remove the SIM LOCK, and install "androidlost", then you have a chance to find it again voia the tools on androidlost.com

maybe the SIM LOCK is the behavior - i don't use the SIM lock ...

cu camel