same app/author as DW Contact Group Manager ?

Moderators: dwp, devin

kbulgrien

same app/author as DW Contact Group Manager ?

Post by kbulgrien »

Is this the same app/author as DW Contact Group Manager as is found on the Amazon Android App Store?

If so, I have an issue related to changes in how the markets handle device compatibility. I paid for DW Contact Group Manager and installed it fine. It is an awesome app. Then I had to reset my device and re-install all apps. Unfortunately DW Contact Group Manager is marked as incompatible with Archos 43, though I have no idea why. I took the chance of buying and installing it because I could not find anything else acceptable, and it worked perfectly.

In the past few weeks, both the Android Market and the Amazon App Store have implemented changes that prevent install of apps to devices when they are marked "incompatible". I can no longer use this app because the market blocks it from my device. I had to reset my device (long story) and lost all my apps and tried to re-install, but it is now not possible to access the app and install it on my device because of the market changes. I have no idea how to get the incorrect "incompatible" flag removed, or how to get a .apk so that I can use this very fine app that I paid for. It is so good I cannot stand any other contact manager.
camel

Re: same app/author as DW Contact Group Manager ?

Post by camel »

kbulgrien wrote:Is this the same app/author as DW Contact Group Manager as is found on the Amazon Android App Store?

If so, I have an issue related to changes in how the markets handle device compatibility. I paid for DW Contact Group Manager and installed it fine. It is an awesome app. Then I had to reset my device and re-install all apps. Unfortunately DW Contact Group Manager is marked as incompatible with Archos 43, though I have no idea why. I took the chance of buying and installing it because I could not find anything else acceptable, and it worked perfectly.

In the past few weeks, both the Android Market and the Amazon App Store have implemented changes that prevent install of apps to devices when they are marked "incompatible". I can no longer use this app because the market blocks it from my device. I had to reset my device (long story) and lost all my apps and tried to re-install, but it is now not possible to access the app and install it on my device because of the market changes. I have no idea how to get the incorrect "incompatible" flag removed, or how to get a .apk so that I can use this very fine app that I paid for. It is so good I cannot stand any other contact manager.
hi kbulgrien,

yes, you are right - the name of application was changed, this happen on the complete redesign of this application,a nd was changed to:
"DW CONTACTS & PHONE"
this version you can get on market + also on a lot of other places.

If you have problems with "market", then you can download on your homepage the latest version, and you can install it.
A:) If you paid via market or any other plattform, then we can handle this, that we will send you a registration code (no extra payment is neccesary)

Therfore we need your device key (see my description) + please send us this informations:
1.) download the application from http://blog.dw-p.net
2.) install the application on your device
3.) do the registration process via:
a) start "DW Contacts" or "DW Phone" on your app drawer
b) click on menu button -> go to "Settings -> "Buy Key" -> here you'll see your "device's serial number"
please send us this number + your old payment information.
Then we will send you a registration code back, this you must input on:
c) click on menu button -> go to "Settings -> "Enter Key" -> here you must enter the registration number and the version will be again a PRO version with all features.
PLS: sorry, about this extra effort, normally if you upgrade on market no extra effort is neccesary..hmm. But as we know, "google market" is also not perfect - but who wants :)

B:) If you never bought it, then you can choose to install the free version, and there you can register via market or paypal.
1.) download the application from http://blog.dw-p.net
2.) install the application on your device
3.) do the registration process via:
a) start "DW Contacts" or "DW Phone" on your app drawer
b) click on menu button -> go to "Settings -> "Buy Key" -> select "PayPal" and follow the dialogs, then after payment it willb e automatically registered and all function are availible.

-> and you'll be happy again.

cu camel