How to activate field NOTICE for all Contacts?

Moderators: dwp, devin

schnuff74

How to activate field NOTICE for all Contacts?

Post by schnuff74 »

Vorschau: Field NOTICE for ALL Contacts
Hello,
sorry für my bad English, aktually I only speak German.

I want activate the field NOTICE For ALL Contacts at once.

I have pver 1800 contacts, which have almost something written in my Thunderbird-Adressbook. After in synced with MyPhoneExplorer, the Contacts are without Problems in my phone.
I coud see them all also in DWP.

If i use the Phone-Adressbook, i could see the field NOTIVE immediately and correct filled.

But if I use DWP, I have to activate the field NOTICE by hand. (And then I could read the words, which are written there).

Is there in DWP any Preselection for fields, which I want to see, when I have choosen an contact?

Please let me know, how I could make this Preselection. I don't want to make ist by hand für all 1800 contacts.
Because DWP is much better than my MobilPhone-Adressbook.

Perhaps important to know:
Mobilphone: Xperia Mini Pro (SK171, Year 2011)

DW-Pro: 2.0.7.1-pro
Android: 2.3.4 (Build 4.0.2.A.0.42)
My PhoneExplorer: 1.8.2
camel

Re: How to activate field NOTICE for all Contacts?

Post by camel »

Hi,
what do you mean to "ACTIVATE" to see the field "Note" ?
i do not understand why you want to see on every contact the field "Notes" ? please can you explain ?
(in 99,% of all contacts, this field is normally empty)
the note field is normally only used for extra informations (like: got the contact from my freind - or whatever)

all other informations -> there are other fields, which should be used ...(like number fields or address and so on ..)

SEARCHING for informations, which are stored in field "notes"
in the list view, the field "note" is not visible. you can search for text, which is stored in field "notes"
therefore use tab "search", this can search in all fields

cu dwc support
camel

Post by camel »

sorry, i don't think, that we would add another field for notes, because:
1.) it would make the whole system very much slower (because it would reserve a lot of more memory
2.) there are almost no user, which are wanting that (you are the first)
3.) it could ost to much spave in list, then it would start a lot of extra options (like: how much lines disaplying, color, text font size postion, sort, search indexing, etc ...
4.) the size of a note filed in database is unlimited, which cost a lot of memory to reserve, because this field type is not defined how much size it could have...

and all this steps -> would make DWC very much slower ...

but i do not say, that we wouldn'T implement it ... if enough other users also would vote for it, then we can discuss about.

TRICK: on incomming call, it is often good to know this note information (this can be activated to show on incomming call). Also you can define how much lines of notes you can see
see: "background service settings"
camel

Post by camel »

sorry, i don't think, that we would add another field for notes, because:
1.) it would make the whole system very much slower (because it would reserve a lot of more memory
2.) there are almost no user, which are wanting that (you are the first)
3.) it could ost to much spave in list, then it would start a lot of extra options (like: how much lines disaplying, color, text font size postion, sort, search indexing, etc ...
4.) the size of a note filed in database is unlimited, which cost a lot of memory to reserve, because this field type is not defined how much size it could have...

and all this steps -> would make DWC very much slower ...

but i do not say, that we wouldn'T implement it ... if enough other users also would vote for it, then we can discuss about.

TRICK: on incomming call, it is often good to know this note information (this can be activated to show on incomming call). Also you can define how much lines of notes you can see
see: "background service settings"
schnuff74

Post by schnuff74 »

Thanks for your answers.
But: without any corrections i could now read the field notice when i have choosen a contact.

with best regards
schnuff 74
camel

Post by camel »

schnuff74 wrote:Thanks for your answers.
But: without any corrections i could now read the field notice when i have choosen a contact.

with best regards
schnuff 74
seems to be, that you are now happy ? is it ?
cu camel