Serbian characters - š,đ,č,ć,ž and Cyrillic

Moderators: dwp, devin

p0peye

Serbian characters - š,đ,č,ć,ž and Cyrillic

Post by p0peye »

Hi,

is there a setting to allow to search contacts with Serbian characters (š,đ,č,ć,ž)?

I can't find (for example) "Blaža" with search, although he is in my contact list...

Thanks,
cheers
p0peye

p.s. - what about Cyrillic?
camel

Re: Serbian characters - š,đ,č,ć,ž and Cyrillic

Post by camel »

or where do you want to search ?
on which tab ?
there is an translation page for DWC project on crowdin. http://crowdin.net/project/dw-contact-group-manager
maybe you can add your chars to the t9 search fields. i think it should be easy to translate online.
there you will also find strings t9 , which you can translate and add all characters (this is for t9-search)
then it will be fixed in next version (which will be soon ready - maybe few days left)
cu camel
p0peye

Post by p0peye »

Hi,
I was trying to enter the name (search) under "Contacts", in dialer

I joined the "crowdin", but I can't seam to find the way to create a new Country - Serbia.
Anyway, I have:
- downloaded the "dw-contact-group-manager.zip",
- Found "t9_search.xml" under "En",
- Saved it in newly created "Rs-Sr" folder,
- Added šđčćž letters under needed fields,
- Saved it as XML (with "UTF-8 encoding, 'cose "ANSI" don't recognize mentioned leters)

And now what? :?:
Can you tell me how to upload the file (and have I done the right stuff at the first place)?
Can I send you the file if it would be easyer?
Do you want me to copy-paste it here?

In waiting for your ansver,
cheers,
p0peye

p.s. -
camel wrote:there you will also find strings t9 , which you can translate and add all characters (this is for t9-search)
There are 3 string files:
strings.xml
strings_market.xml
strings_sys.xml
Which one should I consider?

In "strings.xml" I found: "fast_scroll_alphabet" and "fast_scroll_numeric_alphabet"
I inserted the mentioned letters there also, and saved the file.
Is this the right place? Should have I added them in some place more?
I can send you this file the same way as the previous, when you inform me...
Cheers.
camel

Post by camel »

p0peye wrote:Hi,
I was trying to enter the name (search) under "Contacts", in dialer
oh, sorry, if it is there not working, then we must fix it !(will be done on next version, which is soon avaible)
p0peye wrote: I joined the "crowdin", but I can't seam to find the way to create a new Country - Serbia.
serbian - i thought serbian and croatian is almost the same ? we will create it, please wait, til i created on crowdin. and as base i will copy it from croatian language.
p0peye wrote: Anyway, I have:
- downloaded the "dw-contact-group-manager.zip",
- Found "t9_search.xml" under "En",
- Saved it in newly created "Rs-Sr" folder,
- Added šđčćž letters under needed fields,
- Saved it as XML (with "UTF-8 encoding, 'cose "ANSI" don't recognize mentioned leters)

And now what? :?:
Can you tell me how to upload the file (and have I done the right stuff at the first place)?
Can I send you the file if it would be easyer?
Do you want me to copy-paste it here?
you can also upload the xml file on crowdin. butplease wait til we adding your langauge.

easiest way is on crowdin page directly to translate - online,sure you can also download it,but i mean easier it is for you todo it online.
there you can directly go inside the files, and then click on left side the phrase,then you can also use as base the google translator and then you can correct it.
then press translate button, and it is done and next phrase will be visible.

cu camel
camel

Post by camel »

serbian language is added to crowdin.
it would be fine, if you can support us, and translate it :)

http://crowdin.net/project/dw-contact-group-manager

thanks cu camel
p0peye

Post by p0peye »

camel wrote: oh, sorry, if it is there not working, then we must fix it !(will be done on next version, which is soon avaible)
Nice! The way it is as now - it is not applicable...
camel wrote: I joined the "crowdin", but I can't seam to find the way to create a new Country - Serbia.
serbian - i thought serbian and croatian is almost the same ? we will create it, please wait, til i created on crowdin. and as base i will copy it from croatian language.
Well, you see - if we just scratch that toppic, we'll end up discussing on 100+ pages, for a long, long time :roll: (we had a civil war in ex Yugoslavia - directed by someone else, btw :| ), and we are not keen on using the "others" anything. Of course, if I had no Serbian interface, I'd have used Croatian, even though approx 10% words are different (including totally different months names). The letters are the same.
(and just for the record - I am sorry the Yugoslavia felt apart. That was one big country nice to live in...)
So:
- Serbian and Croatian language are the same +-10% (approx)
- Serbian and Croatian letters are exactly the same +-0%.

...Even though - I found no Croatian Translation (which would do the trick for me) on the mention site, so I asked here... :)
(Once again I checked on
http://crowdin.net/project/dw-contact-group-manager
- nope - there is no Croatian translation there... :?:
camel wrote: you can also upload the xml file on crowdin. but please wait til we adding your langauge.
easiest way is on crowdin page directly to translate - online...
cu camel
Ocky-docky :P
Cheers
p0peye

Post by p0peye »

"t9_search.xml" is adopted.
In "strings.xml" I found: "fast_scroll_alphabet" and "fast_scroll_numeric_alphabet"
I inserted the mentioned letters there also. Some other fields translated, but I hope this is enough to be able to search trough the contacts with mentioned characters...

Cheers
camel

Post by camel »

p0peye wrote:"t9_search.xml" is adopted.
I inserted the mentioned letters there also. Some other fields translated, but I hope this is enough to be able to search trough the contacts with mentioned characters...

Cheers
ok, now we added the language serbian.

please take a look.
(you're right croatia is also not inplace...)
maybe serbian is enough at first :)

if you can translate it - who long do you need for it ?
(because we want to lauch soon a new version, but if wanted i can wait 2-4 days ...

cu camel
p0peye

Post by p0peye »

No, sorry, I won't be able to do it in such short time, as I am currently very busy (+ demanding wify, + demanding 3yo child) :roll:

Maybe later, in few parts...
camel wrote:
p0peye wrote:"t9_search.xml" is adopted.

Cheers
ok, now we added the language serbian.

please take a look.
Take a look where? the files are just as I left them, and are in red - "not approved" yet. I dubble checked, and the letters are ok, just where they should be.
Anyway, I'm thinking...
Do you need file "strings.xml" for app to run in English, with all the fields in English, and just the input search to be with "t9_search.xml" with discussed characters?
'Cose, if you need the "strings.xml" also, it might be a good idea to revert to English all other translations in this file other then "fast_scroll_alphabet" and "fast_scroll_numeric_alphabet" - the way it is now, 95% will be in English, and few sporadic terms will be in Serbian...

Bottom line - it will be nice to be able to use the phone by searching the Serbian names and last names to be able to make a call, and the translation - latter :)
Cheers,
p0peye
camel

Post by camel »

no problem, we can add the serbian language also later to DWC.
thanks for your support.
cu camel