Duplicates and empty groups in «Relations» view.

Moderators: dwp, devin

z-vet

Duplicates and empty groups in «Relations» view.

Post by z-vet »

Hello.
Thanks for great program, best contacts manager for Android IMO. You guys are awesome. :)
Now for my question: when i'm going to, say, «Family» group and click on «Relations» some contacts have «Family» twice and even some empty groups (small blue rectangle without letters)in them. Same with contacts i removed from groups: go to «Groups», select «All contacts», then select «Relations»: contacts that were in some group and then removed have the same blue rectangle without letters. Also the contacts count is wrong: i have 36 contacts, 10 of them are in groups but «Ungrouped contacts» says i have 24 ungrouped instead of 26. The program thinks i have two more grouped contacts when i actually removed them from groups. Can it be fixed somehow on my side or it's a bug in application?
Thanks in advance. If screenshots or more info are needed i'll do my best.
camel

Re: Duplicates and empty groups in «Relations» view.

Post by camel »

hi
thanks fo report, well, i haven'T check all my groups, because having over 4000 contacts in there...
but, maybe it is, because it is not synced to your external account ?
or maybe you have contacts are inside, but haven'T displayed all.
maybe you can check your filter settings.

see settings -> global -> contact display filtering

maybe also, you have setup to merge same groups into 1 ...
well,there are verymuch options, see settings -> detailed view settings -> groups view settings.

some screenshotwould help, but it is not so easy, because there are so much things, like: maybealso not displaying contacts without number (there are also options in settings)

maybe you can find out ...
or try to restart ...

whichaccount are the contacts ? google ?
maybe you can verify it on google and login in webportal.

let me know, if there is anything new.

cu camel
z-vet

Post by z-vet »

OK, i think the problem is solved: these duplicates are really groups from various sources like Google account, phone only contacts etc. Problem solved, thank you.
camel

Post by camel »

z-vet wrote:OK, i think the problem is solved: these duplicates are really groups from various sources like Google account, phone only contacts etc. Problem solved, thank you.
also,you can take a look to group settings.
the duplicate groups can be merged (as default), and if wanted you can disable it, then you will see every group, and then they are not merged.

also it is fixed now to make sub groups:

like if you make a group: "123.456.789"
then it will create:
group: 123. and in this it will make a subgroup 456. and in this it will make a subgroup 789.

cu camel