Default app for phone and contacts on ICS ...

Moderators: dwp, devin

nexus

Default app for phone and contacts on ICS ...

Post by nexus »

Hello!

How can I set DWP as my default phone- and contact-app on Android Ice Cream Sandwich? When I start DWP and open a contact always the default stock app is opened with the contactdetails.

Best regards,
Tobias

Phone: Google Nexus S ICS 4.0.3
App: DW Kontakte & Telefon Pro 2.0.8-pro
camel

Re: Default app for phone and contacts on ICS ...

Post by camel »

hi, this is not correct.

DWC can be used as default for phone(dialer) and contacts.
but you must differ ...

if you have on your home screen a ling to "Telephone" app, then it will always open app: "Telephone"
the same is for "contacts"
so,you must replace the link on your home screen _> howto, you must ask develof home drawer.
(ex: if you use go launcher, there is a real link to android INTENTS of "phone" and "contact", and there you can select whatever you like.
thereyou will get an option which app should be used for the phone INTENT (API).

cu camel
nexus

Post by nexus »

I have a link to the app on my homescreen and I start DWP from there. After started DWP from my homescreen and open a contact from my contact-list the details does not open in DWP. They are opened in the stock contact app. Also if I get an incoming call not DWP telephone opens but the stock telephone app. It worked perfect on Android 2.3.6 but not on 4.0.3.
camel

Post by camel »

nexus wrote:I have a link to the app on my homescreen and I start DWP from there. After started DWP from my homescreen and open a contact from my contact-list the details does not open in DWP. They are opened in the stock contact app. Also if I get an incoming call not DWP telephone opens but the stock telephone app. It worked perfect on Android 2.3.6 but not on 4.0.3.
hmm, puh, this could be a bug - or better ICS was supported now on latest DWC version,maybe there are some things, which are not working.
for now i have no ICS here, only emu. i will try to look what is wrong ...
camel

Post by camel »

nexus wrote:I have a link to the app on my homescreen and I start DWP from there. After started DWP from my homescreen and open a contact from my contact-list the details does not open in DWP. They are opened in the stock contact app. Also if I get an incoming call not DWP telephone opens but the stock telephone app. It worked perfect on Android 2.3.6 but not on 4.0.3.
which device do you use ? which ROM ? download link ?
is this ICS ROM -> an offiical ROM from your manufacturer? maybe it is a beta ROM, where thecontact viewer is not supported ?
cu camel
nexus

Post by nexus »

Hi Camel,

it's the official ROM from Google for the Google Nexus S coming OTA.
Android Version: 4.0.3
Kernel-Version: 3.0.8-gb55e9ac android-build@apa28 #1

I didn't rooted my device. As homescreen replacement I use ADW.Launcher Ex 1.3.3.56.

Best regards - Tobias
camel

Post by camel »

nexus wrote:Hi Camel,

it's the official ROM from Google for the Google Nexus S coming OTA.
Android Version: 4.0.3
Kernel-Version: 3.0.8-gb55e9ac android-build@apa28 #1

I didn't rooted my device. As homescreen replacement I use ADW.Launcher Ex 1.3.3.56.

Best regards - Tobias
hmm, sorry, i have no nexus (only SGS + SGS2)
can you make some screen shots ?
because we tried it on ICS emulator, and there it is working (excluded miss call icon resetting)
cu camel
nexus

Post by nexus »

What for screenshot's do you want?

What exactly happens is following:
- I start DWP by pressing my Icon on my homescreen. DWP is starting and I can browse through the different registers on the bottom. When I choose a contact from the contact-list (or favorites) it is not opened with DWP but the stock contact app.
- I start DWP by pressing my Icon on my homescreen. DWP is starting and I can browse through the different registers on the bottom. I choose telephone, enter a number and start dialing. Now not the DWP telephone app is starting but the stock telephone app handles the call.
camel

Post by camel »

nexus wrote:What for screenshot's do you want?

What exactly happens is following:
- I start DWP by pressing my Icon on my homescreen. DWP is starting and I can browse through the different registers on the bottom. When I choose a contact from the contact-list (or favorites) it is not opened with DWP but the stock contact app.
- I start DWP by pressing my Icon on my homescreen. DWP is starting and I can browse through the different registers on the bottom. I choose telephone, enter a number and start dialing. Now not the DWP telephone app is starting but the stock telephone app handles the call.
this is all normal.
the dialing process will always be done be system application. (it is not the "stock phone" app, it is the dialing API from android.)
this is normal, because only the system android calling/dialing API can do that.

if you click on a name in DWC, then it will open the stock "contact viewer" (is a part of androids system contact API)
this is also normal.
or haven'T got it ?
maybe you can make a screenshot, what willb e shown before you click the contact and after ...
the same is on dialing ...before and after would befine to see it.

cu camel