Save application status.

Moderators: dwp, devin

arcma

Save application status.

Post by arcma »

I thought that if I set "Always start with the default tab" -> OFF, then the application will run in the same state in which I had left him.
But this did not happen. Is there any option for this?
camel

Re: Save application status.

Post by camel »

arcma wrote:I thought that if I set "Always start with the default tab" -> OFF, then the application will run in the same state in which I had left him.
But this did not happen. Is there any option for this?
not sure what you mean:
there are several options ...

1.) you can setup which "tab" should be always on startup, if you starting DWC.
see settings -> tab settings -> default tab -> ...
see settings -> tab settings -> always start with default tab -> ON/OFF

the last state is not saved, because this would mean, that DWC would be must save and handle every click to get the last status. this makes no sense.
if you want to start a special tab -> create a link on your wanted item or tab
(links can be created on every item and on every tab (see also toolbox ->long click on any item)

if you want to have the last status, then do not close DWC, and only press home, then it is actiate in background and ona new click you will be in latest status back in DC.

cu dwc support.
arcma

Post by arcma »

camel wrote:if you want to have the last status, then do not close DWC, and only press home, then it is actiate in background and ona new click you will be in latest status back in DC.
I thought so too, but this does not happen (I rerun the DWP immediately after pressing the HOME button) :(

And thank you for answer!
camel

Post by camel »

arcma wrote:
camel wrote:if you want to have the last status, then do not close DWC, and only press home, then it is actiate in background and ona new click you will be in latest status back in DC.
I thought so too, but this does not happen (I rerun the DWP immediately after pressing the HOME button) :(

And thank you for answer!
maybe you have any app, which is killing background apps. i can only tell you, that it is working fine, if it will not kill by yourselfor another app, then it comes back to same screen and same position.