Native calendar for appointment

Moderators: dwp, devin

Podenco

Native calendar for appointment

Post by Podenco »

Hi,
I use the app with my HTC Desire. It's great to set an appointment directly from the contact list with all important contact information.
I know that some use Outlook and google mail to sync the data. My environment is Mozilla Thunderbird portable and for the sync job I use MyPhoneExplorer and I don't want to use google mail.
Now there is the problem. If I set an appointment on my mobile I only have the choise "googlemail" and not the native calender app. If I do so the appointment will not be synchronised with Thunderbird.

Are you able to help to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

(sorry for the terrible english but the daily practice is long ago.)
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Native calendar for appointment

Post by dwp »

Hello, I need to learn the API of the native calender.How can I call it.
Where can I get these messages?
Thank you.
camel

Re: Native calendar for appointment

Post by camel »

Podenco wrote:Hi,
I use the app with my HTC Desire. It's great to set an appointment directly from the contact list with all important contact information.
I know that some use Outlook and google mail to sync the data. My environment is Mozilla Thunderbird portable and for the sync job I use MyPhoneExplorer and I don't want to use google mail.
Now there is the problem. If I set an appointment on my mobile I only have the choise "googlemail" and not the native calender app. If I do so the appointment will not be synchronised with Thunderbird.

Are you able to help to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

(sorry for the terrible english but the daily practice is long ago.)
if you use a supporting real calendar app, then it is working fine.
so, you can ask your ROM manufacturer.
or use calengoo, there you can select which kind of calendar you want to use on creating an appointment.

DWC does only use the calendar API for creating a appointment, and then all apps which can handle the standard android call for "new appointment", then will get the info from DWC.

this is not a problem of DWC. this is an issue of your calendar app.
so, please contact your calendar app developer.

cu camel