Linked Contacts - how does it work?

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

Linked Contacts - how does it work?

Post by AlCan »

Hi there,

I'm still a relative Noob when it comes to DWC (but I think it's the Greatest!)

However, as I explore it, I find more things I don't understand. At the moment I don't understand the "Linked contacts" feature.

I see that each Contact can have linked contacts, and I can set them. But how do you use them?

When I go to a contact which has links to other contacts, when I click the "Linked profiles" header, I can see the names of the linked contacts. But then...?

How can I get to any of these linked contacts? It would be VERY useful if I could then open any of the linked contacts just like from the Contacts list, but I can't seem to do anything.

Can anyone help, please?

Rgds,
A
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
camel

Re: Linked Contacts - how does it work?

Post by camel »

AlCan wrote:Hi there,

I'm still a relative Noob when it comes to DWC (but I think it's the Greatest!)

However, as I explore it, I find more things I don't understand. At the moment I don't understand the "Linked contacts" feature.

I see that each Contact can have linked contacts, and I can set them. But how do you use them?

When I go to a contact which has links to other contacts, when I click the "Linked profiles" header, I can see the names of the linked contacts. But then...?

How can I get to any of these linked contacts? It would be VERY useful if I could then open any of the linked contacts just like from the Contacts list, but I can't seem to do anything.

Can anyone help, please?

Rgds,
A
this is out of DWC scope !
linked(merged) contacts -> which merge them in view together, is an internal android function, and this is out of scope of DWC.
with a good contact editor (like: "Contact Editor Pro") you can merge contacts together or you can split them again.

cu camel