Sync with Exchange

Moderators: dwp, devin

HKdave

Sync with Exchange

Post by HKdave »

Hi, I have a Samsung SII and it is connected to my Microsoft Exchange server which updates my email/calendar and contacts. However for some reason I am struggling to get contacts to sync and can't figure out how. In the beginning it seemed to be working as all my contacts are sync'd however I am not trying to make sure they are all current which is the reason for this issue/question...

I updated one contact on my home Outlook-2010 (changed the mobile phone from a Japan country number to a Hong Kong country number) and it has been also updated in my office Outlook-2010 but the number in my DW Contacts remains the same. Since it is set as the default contact program- it also should be updated??? What may I be doing wrong with any settings???

Thanks,

David
camel

Re: Sync with Exchange

Post by camel »

HKdave wrote:Hi, I have a Samsung SII and it is connected to my Microsoft Exchange server which updates my email/calendar and contacts. However for some reason I am struggling to get contacts to sync and can't figure out how. In the beginning it seemed to be working as all my contacts are sync'd however I am not trying to make sure they are all current which is the reason for this issue/question...

I updated one contact on my home Outlook-2010 (changed the mobile phone from a Japan country number to a Hong Kong country number) and it has been also updated in my office Outlook-2010 but the number in my DW Contacts remains the same. Since it is set as the default contact program- it also should be updated??? What may I be doing wrong with any settings???

Thanks,

David
well, maybe you are having several sync accounts ?
this is totally out of scope of DWC.
DWC is using your accounts and showing them (as you have setup in settings -> account data)
if you are using EAS - then it will be synced via activesync protocol
if you are using "myphone" - it will not be synced - maybe only via your extra sync app to desktop
so, you must look what are you talking about ...
are you talking about -> EAS account or about your "myphone" account database.
however, this is out of DWC scope- please google in xda developers.

if you change a contact on EAS -> android sync engine will sync it via activesync (and is related as you have setup it)
see your system settings _> sync & account
cu camel