The new Recent Calls List controls

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

The new Recent Calls List controls

Post by AlCan »

Hi dwp,

Immediately noticed the new Recent Calls List controls. Didn't realise what they were for a second tho'...

A great idea. However, for me, in my car, in daylight, while the buttons are very obvious, the symbols are hard to see.

Could I please request that the buttons be altered? Instead of having the bright green "lights", could I request that the symbol occupy almost the entire height of the button, and be made much bolder? Could you then have it grey when off and the same colour as the corresponding Recent Calls List symbol, when it's on?

In other words, remove the "lights" and replace the button light and symbol with a bigger version of the call type symbol.

Could you also please change the order?

Could you swap the order of outgoing calls and incoming calls, which would put them in this order:

| Outgoing | Incoming | Missed |

This would tend to rank them (left to right) in least important to "most" important - in my view of it, anyway, as a Customer facing person. And it's also more logical.

Outgoing is self initiated.
Incoming and Missed are both Caller initiated. It makes sense they they should be together - ok, to me, at least.

Missed would also have to be the most important, as they are "incomplete" or "unresolved", and still pending.

Either way, please keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Re: The new Recent Calls List controls

Post by dwp »

Hi Al
Thank you for your suggestion.
For the order of the buttons, I have modified.
I do a new skin for the DWC. Please give me suggestions.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2550
Thank you!
Attachments
DW_tongxunlu_24.png
DW_tongxunlu_24.png (117.49 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi dwp,

Yes, this looks much better. Even bigger if possible? There seems to be enough room.

Is that the original order of the icons?

How does it look when one or more is/are disabled / Off? Do you have a light grey image there instead?

I looked at the proposed new skin, but I can't read Chinese, so probably don't get the full picture. Actually, I prefer the current skin. I use my phone only for work, mostly in the car where its brightly lit. I don't care about whether it looks "cool". For me, functionality is 100 times more important than looks. So, it must be easy to use, and equally important, easy to see/read - must have bigger fonts and, clear, high-contrast icons, buttons, fonts, symbols etc. I don't care about graded colour buttons, pastel shades etc. Plain is good, sharp, clear, bold and bright is better, for me. I find all the fancy bits just slow programs down, and that would be very bad!

I hope I'll be able to keep my existing skin?

To me, function is much more important than appearance, but maybe you are looking to the fashion-conscious market now?

Cheers,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

I've modified the order of icons. This is the old renderings.
I'll keep the old skin.
Thank you!