Making DW Contact the default program

Moderators: dwp, devin

Mehran

Making DW Contact the default program

Post by Mehran »

Hello,

I just bought this application and I am happy with its smart and powerful search engine. However, I want to make this program default instead the one that came with my phone. I am using SAMSUNG Galaxy S and I hope that somebody can help with a solution.

Thank you,
camel

Re: Making DW Contact the default program

Post by camel »

Mehran wrote:Hello,I just bought this application and I am happy with its smart and powerful search engine. However, I want to make this program default instead the one that came with my phone. I am using SAMSUNG Galaxy S and I hope that somebody can help with a solution. Thank you,
hi Mehran, thanks for your questions, it also helps other users ...
at default the users only wanted to creating the link "DW Contact" (and not extra making link "DW Phone", i will try to create this link in app drawer again (in version 2.03), so that you can call the "DW contacts" or "DW Phone" from app drawer, too)
but you can make a LINK to every item in "DW Contacts & Phone" ....

at first you can create a LINK for every tab (see tab -> Toolox" -> long press on your wanted "TAB", then choose "create link on home scren"
or
1.) which home launcher do you use ?
a) if you use the stock home dailer ->
the stock "contact" can't be removed, but you can make a link on your home screen to "DW Contacts & Phone"
in the application you can setup, that the application should start with your personal wanted TAB as default opening
b) if you use launcherpro > there you can long press the "dialer icon", then you can select which app should be used for it ... then select in the list "dw dailer"
IF you have a "call button", then you will get after install a popup, where you can select your default application for "dialer". there you can select the "flag", that it should always use the "DW Contact & Dailer" -> then it will start as dailer, and in settings, you can tell, that the application should start with dailer tab as default

hopefully devel will bring it back ...( i also mean, example: OPENING DOORS ON A CAR -> it is better to find the car-key for front and back doors ... against to find only a front door key, and always must climb from front doors to back doors :)
best greetings - camel