Where is ringtone?

Moderators: dwp, devin

required_alias

Where is ringtone?

Post by required_alias »

This should be easy but I can't find the answer. I think I know how to set ringtones for individuals. What I CAN'T find is the current ringtone for an individual. That is, I can set a ringtone for Barak, but if I go back a few days later, I can't figure out how to find which ringtone is set to his phone. How do I do that?
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Where is ringtone?

Post by dwp »

Hello
In the contact detail view. Press the menu button. Select set ringtone. You can see the currently selected ringtone.
required_alias

Post by required_alias »

Nope. "Set Ringtone" results in a popup demanding I select Android System or ES File Explorer. Regardless which I select, I can't see the current ringtone.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

If you choose Android System
In the dialog box that displays the selected item is currently ringtones.
required_alias

Post by required_alias »

If we're talking about the same thing, no.
Select Contact and Set Ringtone. Popup box - I select Android System. I get a list of ringtones. The Highlighted tone is the 1st one - Default ringtone. But the one that PLAYS for the contact isn't Default Ringtone, but "Rings." Same with all Contacts. How do I find the ringtone assigned to a Contact if the same ringtone is "selected" for all of them.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

This is not a good way.
Contact list, you can press the Menu button, select Set ringtone for shown contacts. All contact ringtones set as the default. And then re-set a ringtone for a contact.
required_alias

Post by required_alias »

AH-HA!!!!! You da man!!!
Thaks for the help